Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 18)
lordhamster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by schalliol
Anyone else get a 2.16 after that inital batch a few got?
Not me. I ordered on Feb20th, Still says "Not shipped Yet"

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by BroadwayTJ
sure hope it's shipped earlier like yours.
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

Borman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 09:19 PM

I almost guarantee I get mine tomorrow barring any crazy delays. It's already left Alaska, so at least it wont be spending an overnight there, getting it close to home for a delivery in the AM I hope

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rumz
If apple’s order fulfillment pace is about on par with how many orders they were receiving, it looks like if I’m lucky mine might ship in a week or so, as I ordered it on Feb. 14 (after canceling a Jan. 10 order). I hope it does ship next week! Man I counted down the days until Feb 15 only to cancel and re-order a 2.16 the day before. No one to blame but me for the extra waiting time I wonder if I ordered a Mac Mini if it would arrive before the MacBook Pro....
lol yes your mac mini would get there first. i ordered (and the cancelled the order) for the mac mini yesterday but it had showed TODAY as the estimated ship i ordered my MBP 2 weeks ago and its not set to ship till the 21th
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

d4rkm4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 10:18 PM

Mine left Anchorage after an hour and 15 minutes there Borman, looks like we're on the same track still. Tomorrow AM

Borman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2006, 10:39 PM

Where do ya live? Im in NY, so it should be interesting

24klogos
Forum Regular
Mar 1, 2006, 11:19 PM

anyone of you willing to sell you perhaps aging powerbooks? G4 baby, the true core...!

not really, i just dont want to spend money on a machine that by the time the software i use is written for, will be replaced by a significantly faster model... i have a travel coming up and want a 15" powerbook, if anybody selling... sorry no iBooks or under 1.ghz powerbooks, your hinges suck.

thanks keep it powerPC fellas now, be clean.
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by d4rkm4c
Mine left Anchorage after an hour and 15 minutes there Borman, looks like we're on the same track still. Tomorrow AM
when did you order again?
Computers:

hmp
Mar 2, 2006, 05:32 AM

I don't understand this - I ordered January 25th and still have not received any notice of shipping. How is it that those that ordered 1.83 ghz models after me already have theirs? I'm starting to wonder if Apple ships the customized ones first - every person I've seen here has either upgraded the HD or ram on their 1.83

Another thing might be that because I bought it from the education store, the shipping is slower...either way, I want my MBP!

d4rkm4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 06:23 AM

onlykaria: ordered on Feb. 4th at 9:40 AM.

hmp: my 1.83 wasn't custom and I used an educational discount, too..

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 06:54 AM

Here's the only reason why I thnk modded systems shipped first, profit lol. By sending out customized machines, Apple can obtain a larger portion of their finances quicker. Only speculation. lol

bennychuang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by n8236
Here's the only reason why I thnk modded systems shipped first, profit lol. By sending out customized machines, Apple can obtain a larger portion of their finances quicker. Only speculation. lol
I don't think that's true tho. I still haven't hear anything from Apple.
I upgraded my MBP to 2.16 a day after announcement, and my est shipping date is pushed back to March 17 (orig. feb 28 with 2.0)

dec
Mar 2, 2006, 07:41 AM

Latest on mine (ordered 25th Jan, 2.0ghz model, shipped 22nd Feb)
It has arrived in the uk and will be handed over to the carrier today to be sent to dublin. They expect delivery tommorrow. ooooooh :

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 08:34 AM

I got a notice of shipment yesterday, and there was one line in Fedex tracking talking about it being "picked up" in Shanghai at 11am. The page hasn't updated in the past 24 hours. This will probably be one of those deals where the product arrives before the Fedex web site's content updates.

It's happened to me before.

Freeway Fritz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 08:52 AM

I spoke to Fed Ex about my shipment because it was showing an "exception" after it had been delivered to the Shanghai Fed Ex shipping port. Fed Ex says this message is shown automatically when any package is received too late to be shipped out on that same day. Also, the reason the shipping info is not updated quickly is because the Shanghai shipping port only uploads their information at the end of each day. Thus, if your package missed getting shipped out on the day it was received in Fed Ex Shanghai, then you will not see any tracking info until after the end of the next day when they upload all of their info to Fed Ex's main computers.

This is exactly what happened to me. Mine was received at Fed Ex early in the evening on Fed 28, missing that day's shipping cutoff. No word for 24 hours, then suddenly I can see the package has arrived in Anchorage around noon on Mar 1. Tracking was then updated quickly after that - left Aklaska an hour later, into Indianapolis just before midnight and arrived in Denver early this morning Mar 2, which means hopefully I will get it on Thursday instead of the estimated delivery of Friday.

BroadwayTJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by hmp
I don't understand this - I ordered January 25th and still have not received any notice of shipping. How is it that those that ordered 1.83 ghz models after me already have theirs? I'm starting to wonder if Apple ships the customized ones first - every person I've seen here has either upgraded the HD or ram on their 1.83

Another thing might be that because I bought it from the education store, the shipping is slower...either way, I want my MBP!
When you say you haven't gotten a shipping notice. You mean in email? You have checked the apple.com/orderstatus page right? What does it say? I'm more than curious because I ordered the 1.67 with upgraded ram & hard drive & modem and I too am getting the educational discount but didn't get it from the "eductation store". Is that a brick and mortar store you are talking about or just used the educational discount?

Info from apple.com/orderstatus page:

ORDER DATE: 02/08/06 - 03:20 PM Pacific Standard Time
Ship Date: Mar 9, 2006 Delivery Date: Mar 16, 2006

When I called yesterday they said it could ship as early as tomorrow the 3rd of March or not. I hope it doesn't take until the ... "Ides of March". (Man, I've waited along time to use that Shakespeare line)

d4rkm4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 09:59 AM

W0rd, 7:42 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

2 days from China, 1 day early

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 10:30 AM

W0rd, 7:42 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

2 days from China, 1 day early
Mine too, 1 day early - FedEx is officially my hero!

Now if I can just survive the next two hours!

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2006, 10:46 AM

yay it looks like the feb orders are finally shipping.

for those with jan orders and no computers, call apple and "handle your business"!
Computers:

wowway1
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 03:06 PM

hitting the retail stores today...I got the call at lunch.

Borman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 03:17 PM

Bah damn snow is delaying stuff, dont know if itll make it here today or not now, itll be close either way

nervesplice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 03:17 PM

Anyone in the UK recieved their's from a Mac Dealer? I pre-ordered mine at KRCS in Leeds on the 11th Jan. They have no idea when they're going to recieve them even though they're supposed to be an authorised Apple Centre.

hmp
Mar 2, 2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by BroadwayTJ
When you say you haven't gotten a shipping notice. You mean in email? You have checked the apple.com/orderstatus page right? What does it say?
What happened was that it was ordered through the computer store at school, but will be shipped directly to me. When going to Apple's order status page, it looks like any normal order, except that the payment terms are "Net 30 days".

Here's the information from the order status page:
Order Date: Jan 25, 2006 at 08:28 AM PST
Estimated Shipped By: Mar 8, 2006

As I've mentioned before, the original ship date was February 24th, then it was moved back to the 8th of March.

Would calling Apple help in any way? Or am I being impatient?

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 05:17 PM

Ordered last night. 1.83 with 120GB. Supposed to ship by March 29th. Four weeks. Argh!

Can't wait. My AlBook seems so... thick now

hemant
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 05:36 PM

I ordered mine on 10th of Feb through my university computer store and my estimated ship date is March 14th. Is there anyone else who had placed the order around the same time. I'm hoping it ships sometime next week. How much time does it take to reach us after the status becomes shipped.

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 06:01 PM

Ordered Feb 15, EST ship of Mar. 16. 2Ghz stock.

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 06:02 PM

i just recieved mine today a whole week early! i will have pictures up ASAP!

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 06:17 PM

if they are arriving about a week early at this point, it looks as though apple is catching up with demand and workign their way through their backlog of orders. thats great for me, meaning that I might get my laptop next week instead of the following!

bennychuang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by AppleCello
if they are arriving about a week early at this point, it looks as though apple is catching up with demand and workign their way through their backlog of orders. thats great for me, meaning that I might get my laptop next week instead of the following!
hope that's true, and hopefully mine can ship next week!
btw, is there any evidence showing 1 week earlier shipping?

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by bennychuang
hope that's true, and hopefully mine can ship next week!
btw, is there any evidence showing 1 week earlier shipping?
It would seem so:

Originally Posted by Borman
I ordered on:
Feb 7, 2006 at 01:53 PM PST

And it shipped yesterday. Still estimated for Friday. Though until yesterday, it said shipping the third, here by the 10th. Im so excited. My first real Mac experience time! Whooo. 2 more days, 2 more days
Appears that he ordered Feb 7, and it shipped on Feb. 28-- 3 weeks after and approximately 4 days earlier than the order status page projected. I ordered one week later, I'm hoping I'm one week behind his ship date instead of March 16

The thing is that order shipping estimates changed a little on Feb. 14 when they announced the upgrades, no? I wonder if the upgrade caused a spike in orders at all thus pushing the ship date out a bit farther?

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by hmp
What happened was that it was ordered through the computer store at school, but will be shipped directly to me. When going to Apple's order status page, it looks like any normal order, except that the payment terms are "Net 30 days".

Here's the information from the order status page:
Order Date: Jan 25, 2006 at 08:28 AM PST
Estimated Shipped By: Mar 8, 2006

As I've mentioned before, the original ship date was February 24th, then it was moved back to the 8th of March.

Would calling Apple help in any way? Or am I being impatient?
That's the same day I ordered mine, and I'm typing on it. I had that same ship date even. I'd call Apple, it's probably something related to the school store thing.

d4rkm4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 09:17 PM

Got my 1.83. i'm still googly eyed...w0w!

no unpleasant whine so far..

just got a chance to play around. downloading updates now...great look, great feel, excellent build quality and packaging. will try to find some cons soon....

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 2, 2006, 10:56 PM

Can ppl who just received their shipping notice post their order and ship dates so we can get a gauge of when others will come in? Thanks

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 11:08 PM

i definatly can hear the wine, but honestly it's not that noticeable when your not looking for stuff to complain about. That being said, i do have one dead pixel, and today when i was running iMovie all the suddon a transparent red screen came over top of everything and froze everything. then later playing in PhotoBooth i was going to take a snap shot and the whole think froze up and just got a black screen. Both incedents happened within the first Hour and a Half of owning the thing. Since then there have been no problems. As for heat issues...it's warm just like any laptop, anyone discribing it as "Volcano" is trying to scare people off. I will upload some pictures of is when i get the chance.

IT'S FAST!!!
( Last edited by jhonizzle; Mar 2, 2006 at 11:27 PM. )

Timetheus
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 11:30 PM

Been using it more or less non-stop all day and have absolutely zero issues so far. It does get warm (especially when I was using the setup assitant), but tolerably so. The whine is there but I've learned to ignore it - the photobooth fix works very well when and if it gets on my nerves.

Fast. Very fast. Mind-alteringly fast to me. Of course I'm coming from a iMac DV 400mhz - so my perspective is admitedly skewed
( Last edited by Timetheus; Mar 2, 2006 at 11:45 PM. )

schalliol
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2006, 11:40 PM

Day 51 waiting....going...going almost gone
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

CincyGamer
Mar 3, 2006, 01:38 AM

mine still says shipping 3/16.. Ordered 2/14 2.16GHZ w/7200

dec
Mar 3, 2006, 06:23 AM

im now being told im no longer getting it today, that it only reached the bridgepoint in the uk this morning not yesterday and the earliest I can now hope to see it is monday or tuesday. this really sucks. I also got a guy on the phone who said it'd be the middle of next week because, and get this, the printer was being sent to amsterdam to join the laptop. (even though i know the laptop came from amsterdam and joined the printer in the uk) *sigh*

schalliol
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 08:45 AM

Well, Apple must have wanted to ensure that I didn't say "gone' in my above post. I just received a shipment notification. Apparently the package was picked up at Shanghi at 10:32 AM 3/3.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2006, 10:53 AM

Well, Apple must have wanted to ensure that I didn't say "gone' in my above post. I just received a shipment notification. Apparently the package was picked up at Shanghi at 10:32 AM 3/3.
Remind me when your original order date was, what your config is, and if you upgraded the config on/after Feb. 14

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 11:01 AM

Congrats Schalliol -

You've been waiting a loooonnng time. It's a fine machine, enjoy it.

Played Doom 3 on my 2.0 yesterday. 1100x800 something, ALL the goodies turned on to max and I get 40-60 fps!

Z

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2006, 11:02 AM

When did you order? I ordered a 1.83/120GB/2GB on2/20 and upgraded it to 2.16/120GB/2GB when they announced. Still says ship on 3/13.

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2006, 11:05 AM

Mine has arrived. Waiting for me at home and I won't have a chance to open it until tomorrow! Left China 24th Feb and got to Paris this afternoon.

BroadwayTJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 11:18 AM

Got my 1.83. i'm still googly eyed...w0w!

no unpleasant whine so far..

just got a chance to play around. downloading updates now...great look, great feel, excellent build quality and packaging. will try to find some cons soon....
I thought it was suppose to come with all the current versions. What are you having to update?

Called Apple because I wanted to find out if the education discount orders were at the back of the list for shipping. He said it was first come first serve.

1.67 (1.83) Order Date: Feb 8, 2006 at 03:20 PM PST
Ship Date: Mar 9, 2006 Delivery Date: Mar 16, 2006

Hope I see an earlier ship date update soon. All the talk of early Christmas has gotten me really antsy for this babey.

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2006, 11:21 AM

Troll, you're living in my Favorite place in the world. I cant wait to go back (with my MacBook Pro at my side, of course. Nearly have my passport worked out and after that its just a matter of suckin' it up, quiting my job and going...

schalliol
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by zac4mac
Congrats Schalliol -
[snip]
Played Doom 3 on my 2.0 yesterday. 1100x800 something, ALL the goodies turned on to max and I get 40-60 fps!
That's great, thanks!

Originally Posted by Rumz
Remind me when your original order date was, what your config is, and if you upgraded the config on/after Feb. 14
Originally Posted by bcaslis
When did you order? I ordered a 1.83/120GB/2GB on2/20 and upgraded it to 2.16/120GB/2GB when they announced. Still says ship on 3/13.
I ordered a 1.83 w/ 1GB & 120GB HD on keynote day, started the call to my bus. rep. while the keynote was still going on. Because I was working with a business rep. and leasing ($1 out at end), I wanted to check if the 2.16 upgrade could be done within the contract we have in place w/ Apple Financial. As a result, the 2.16 upgrade was actually made on early 2/15.

Finrock
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2006, 11:48 AM

I ordered mine on January 13th along with three iBooks. The iBooks shipped weeks ago, but my ship date keeps getting pushed back. First it was Feb 24th, now it is March 6th. I'm not holding my breath, I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time

MBPRO 15/2.0 CTO/1GB/100GB 5400

-Finrock
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

schalliol
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 12:02 PM

One thing I didn't note was that when my shipdate was moved back, it was moved to 3/8, yet it was shipped 3/3.

hmp
Mar 3, 2006, 02:37 PM

Just spoke to Apple. I had to say that the person I spoke to was of no help whatsoever. Basically she said that my ship date was March 8th and that there was a possibility it might ship earlier if others in line in front of me cancelled their orders.

I mentioned that there were people who had ordered after me that had already received their machines and she didn't seem to give me a justficiation. I guess I've just have to wait a few more days and hope it ships before the 8th.

t_hah
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by hmp
Just spoke to Apple. I had to say that the person I spoke to was of no help whatsoever. Basically she said that my ship date was March 8th and that there was a possibility it might ship earlier if others in line in front of me cancelled their orders.

I mentioned that there were people who had ordered after me that had already received their machines and she didn't seem to give me a justficiation. I guess I've just have to wait a few more days and hope it ships before the 8th.
Yeah, that is really the only thing you could do. It will probably ship on or before the 8th. Just give it a little more time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules