Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > My New iPod Video Shipped Today...

My New iPod Video Shipped Today... (Page 2)
Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2005, 10:02 PM

I for one would love to see Apple make a Bluetooth iPod ... but as an accompaniment to a set of Bluetooth earbuds, rather than as a way to transfer files. I bet that would kill the battery life, though.

jam8
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2005, 12:15 PM

Received my black 30 gig today. I already have a 4G 20gig non color formatted for windoze. When i attached the new ipod to the cable, the ipod froze! Or so it seemed. Anyways, eventually it began working and now it is fine. There is still a slowdown when i attach it to the computer, which i think is due to windoze being a piece of crap. The only reason i use the windoze pc is because the harddrive is bigger than that of my mac, and i use it as a storage space for media.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Oct 23, 2005, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Montanan
I for one would love to see Apple make a Bluetooth iPod ... but as an accompaniment to a set of Bluetooth earbuds, rather than as a way to transfer files. I bet that would kill the battery life, though.
Can you imagine how easy to lose those wireless earbuds would be?

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Montanan
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2005, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesS
Can you imagine how easy to lose those wireless earbuds would be?
Nah ... if they were as cool as I imagine them to be, I'd just Super Glue them to my ears.

memento
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2005, 01:57 PM

I ordered mine from Apple, but freakin fedex won't deliver without a sig, even though I have an exception on file with them (Apple apparently has overridden all these exceptions). I live out in the boonies and nobody would even know that fedex made a delivery.

How are you all getting yours? Do you have someone to sign for it? Fedex won't even agree to deliver when I'm home and they didn't even call to say that they still require a sig. I could have been home today, but I can't tomorrow or the day after. So either they deliver after 5 or it gets sent back?
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 24, 2005, 02:09 PM

I got my black 60GB today, and yes my wife had to sign for it. It's pretty nice

memento
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2005, 09:33 AM

So fedex people are pretty lame. On the phone they told me I HAD to sign for it in person. I told them to have the delivery after 5. Shortly after I got home the delivery person showed back up. He had left a signature paper stuck to the door, so I could have signed for it without being there. He also said that they were supposed to call me and tell me that he would be back and they didn't.

Long story short - local guy was very cool, fedex HQ stinks.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2005, 09:50 AM

yah I hate FedEx also, worst company ever.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2005, 10:37 AM

I am really really happy for all of you whose iPod status is shipped. On a side note, just look how much fun I have with my already delivered iPod

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Icruise
I got my black 60GB today, and yes my wife had to sign for it. It's pretty nice
The iPod or your wife?

Geezus_Aach
Oct 26, 2005, 11:07 AM

got my 60GB black vipod last night!

and what was the first thing i did??? ...went to itunes and download the thriller video. then 2 more videos...subscribed to 3 video podcasts, a few 'wanted' songs, etc., etc. and my main reason for buying this was because I needed a device for was mp3's. apple's got me sucker'd in...now I want all videos

this black ipod doesnt have the "easy scratch" surface of the nano. there is a thin clear overlay over the black. the only thing i feel is wrong with the new black ipods ...all the accessories are white. hey apple, how about black headphones for black ipods? and that remote...needs to be black as well. just my 2 cents
Tangerine iMac 400DV, 1GB ram, 60GB hdd, OS X 10.3.9
Black iPod Video - 60GB

wish list:

Mac mini 1.25GHz, 1GB ddr ram, 40GB hdd, OS X 10.4
or
iMac 20"

lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2005, 03:42 AM

Received my black 30GB iPod today!! =D Whoa baby! This is one sexay beast! But the thing that shocked me most was the shipping time. Ordering from Canada, Apple's site said 5-7 business days - well, my shipped after 3 business days. Using express shipping my camera connector arrived in the advertised 2 business days and my iPod a day later.

My iPod turned out to be flawless, no problems whatsoever - whew! Just waiting for some sweet looking cases to come out - the Vaja ones look fantastic. As well as looking into getting some in-ear headphones.
17" PowerBook 1.33GHz
1GB Ram

crooner
Senior User
Oct 28, 2005, 04:25 AM

I ordered a 60GB black model from Apple online as the local Apple Store here in Vegas had yet to receive any of this config. This morning I checked my order status and it remained in "processing" with a ship date on or before 11/02.
For the heck of it I called the local store to find that they just got their first shipment of 60GB black 'Pods! I had them hold one for me and sped over to grab it. I then had to go to work so I could only anticipate using it for a few hours (during which I cancelled my online order).

Upon getting home and unpacking it, I was, just like so many others, amazed at how cool this thing is. Here it is... a 60GB yet only 2/3 the thickness of my 40GB photo model. It took about 30-40 minutes for my first sync (ah... wherefore art thou, FireWire... sigh) but all videos and podcasts played as they should.

I've ordered some of the better reviewed clear plastic protestors to shield it until Vaja comes out with a case for it. Until then it gets handled with kid gloves.

My feeling is that black is the color most are going for. It sure is sexah!
( Last edited by crooner; Oct 28, 2005 at 07:50 AM. )

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2005, 05:17 AM

I'm Apple's bitch.

I held back from ordering one but I saw the white and black 60GB models in the store today and couldn't resist. Am syncing a black model right now.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

crooner
Senior User
Oct 28, 2005, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Randman
I'm Apple's bitch.

I held back from ordering one but I saw the white and black 60GB models in the store today and couldn't resist. Am syncing a black model right now.

Same here. Right now I'm encoding dozens of movies to put on the 'Pod. They look so damn cool. And yes, I did subscribe to the suicide girls video podcasts.

Actually done well as opposed to the just plain crudeness of the povpod ones. Almost wish I hadn't even looked at those.

Oh... For those interested, Vaja has put up a design sketch of the case for the 5G iPod as well as a sign up list to be notified when it will be available. If you haven't ever seen a Vaja case, check 'em out. Yeah... they cost more but they kick arse.

http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2005, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by memento
So fedex people are pretty lame. On the phone they told me I HAD to sign for it in person. I told them to have the delivery after 5. Shortly after I got home the delivery person showed back up. He had left a signature paper stuck to the door, so I could have signed for it without being there. He also said that they were supposed to call me and tell me that he would be back and they didn't.

Long story short - local guy was very cool, fedex HQ stinks.
Since your iPod is an international shipment, it can't be left unless you have a previous release set up or you sign the door tag authorizing the release after the next stop. So you do have to sign for it unless you already had a previous release.

Hope you enjoy your new iPod. Has anyone used their new iPods with a TV yet?

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2005, 12:13 AM

volcano
Senior User
Oct 29, 2005, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Randman
I'm Apple's bitch.

Same here. I knew as soon as I saw the new iPods, I would want one. I thought the store didn't have them in yet when I visited (last Wednesday), but to my surprise they had 4 models on display in front of the store, which I didn't discover until I was almost ready to leave. I was SO CLOSE to buying one, but I walked out the door and called a close friend... her response? "Oh, you're having another Apple craving, eh? Just keep walking... keep walking. Good." Yeah, I called her to get my mind off of it. It sounds like this addiction of mine is getting pretty bad... I rarely walk out of the Apple store without buying something. I don't know how much longer I can hold out, though...

skorpiond
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2005, 09:11 AM

I had recently sold my ipod shuffle and my 4 gen 20gb ipods and bought the Sony Ericsson W800i phone. I just wanted a device that I could do anything with it and not have to carry different devices. Then I saw one of my buddies with the new Ipod video in black and 30GB... . I was amazed by the picture capabilities and quality and also the videos... the second I got home... I ordered myself a 60 GBs :-)

I have my itunes ready with about 5 movies and about 25 music videos ... I have already transfered these to my buddies ipod and they look amazing!

My ipod is to arrive either today or tomorrow yuppiiiiii

Dannye
12" PB 1.33Ghz/ 768MB RAM
iMic2 Griffin
300GB External USB/Firewire Western Digital HD
30" Dell LCD Monitor
Airport Express
Nikon D70 w/1GB
60 GB iPod Video (Black)

jgarra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2005, 10:39 AM

Anyone know what the turnover is for ipod 60gb 5g @ amazon?? I've been waiting 2.5 weeks for mine to even ship!

hickey
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2005, 07:45 PM

I ordered my 30Gb black pod on monday and I got an email yesterday saying that due to an unexpected delay it wont ship until on or before 12-01-05. Im guessing its just them getting alot of orders for them since its peak shopping season. Im pissed that I waited so long to finally put in an order.

quiklee
Senior User
Nov 30, 2005, 08:47 PM

i just got my 60GB sunday at the Pasadena Store. . . . i've already filled it up to 30GB . . . and that's only 1 season of Scrubs and 1 season of 24 along with all my mp3s . . . i need to get to work!
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

johnnybatters
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by msb0014
Just got email from Apple. 1 week before it was scheduled to ship. Anyone else get notified?
Nevermind

Forum Links
Forum Rules