Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Jave applet problem in IE for OS X 10.1.3

Jave applet problem in IE for OS X 10.1.3
Zebs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2002, 10:07 AM

Java applet problem in Internet Explorer for OS 10.1.3. I bought a new iMac G4 and it came with OS X 10.1.2 and everything seemed to work fine until it developed a hardward fualt (problem with the logic board). My iMac was replaced a week later and I download OS 10.1.3 and the Jave update. Ever since then I have experienced problems with Internet Explorer. I generally use a Java Chat applet on either gay.com or www.gaydar.co.uk. The applets use to work fine on my previous iMac but function extremely slow on the replacement iMac (possibly due to the software updates). The java applet will open, but upon entering a chat room the window does not open at the correct size and conversation scrolling seems to be disabled. To follow a chat/conversation you have to keep using the scroll bar manually (this should be automatic).

However the chat programs work fine under OS 9.2, but I'm an ex windows user and I didn't buy my mac to use OS 9.2. Any ideas guys?

Forum Links
Forum Rules