Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Particle behind Screen on iPhone

Particle behind Screen on iPhone
jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2008, 02:04 PM

Hi

I've had my iPhone for a couple of weeks now, and I love it ! But recently I saw what I thought it was a particle of dust or something on the screen.

Thus I tried cleaning it off... it wouldn't come off so I peal the screen cover I have on it thinking it was behind the screen cover, but to my surprise the particle is behind the glass !!! I can't get it off... it is significantly big and I one can see it with the iPhone on or off. It is kinda getting annoying...

Anyone with similar issues ? Is it worth taking it in to the Apple Store may be ask for a replacement or repair ?

Thanks.

CorpITGuy
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2008, 02:09 PM

I'd take it to the Apple Store. You paid $199 or $299 for a flawless product (out-of-the-box) and that's what you ought to get.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

MacBook Pro 17" 2.33 GHz - (mine)
MacBook Pro 15" 1.83 GHz - (wife)
Pair of iPhones

eimeria
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2008, 02:25 PM

I had a similar problem with an iPod nano - 3rd gen if I can figure out the current correct nomenclature. The apple store wouldn't do anything. Said I could try getting someone to open it up. I tried dislodging it with compressed air without any luck. It's just sitting in a desk drawer right now. Didn't affect its use, was just annoying.

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2008, 11:31 AM

I had 3 particles under the screen, took it to the Apple store and they replaced it without question. Couldn't hurt to try if it really bothers you...

Unless the Apple store is far away.

Forum Links
Forum Rules