Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Enabling TCP/IP File Sharing

Enabling TCP/IP File Sharing
yoyo52
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2001, 01:15 PM

I've installed OS X on one of the computers in my small home network, and find that in order to share files with the other computers they must have File Sharing over TCP/IP enabled. That's not been a problem with my iMac, but on the PB the option to turn on TCP/IP sharing is not available. In fact, it's not available in the 9.1 partition on the G4 where I installed X, but that is less significant to me. Anyway, any suggestion about what to do about enabling the TCP/IP option? Thanks!
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

spicyjeff
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2001, 02:04 PM

Make sure the "ShareWay IP Personal Bgnd" extension is present and loaded in the extensions folder and you must be running OS 9 or higher for this to be available. If the extension is not on those machine get it from a machine that has it or extract it from the Apple System Software CD using TomeViewer.

yoyo52  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2001, 08:48 PM

Thanks, spicyjeff-it's up and running now

------------------
Klaatu borada nicto.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Forum Links
Forum Rules