Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MobileMe: option to get .mac address?

MobileMe: option to get .mac address?
Rumor
Jun 22, 2008, 08:19 PM

First, not sure where this is supposed to go.

I have a simple question though. Does anyone know if we will have the option of having a .mac or .me email address or will it only be .me? If the latter, would buying an account before July 11th allow me to have a .mac address versus a .me address?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Cold Warrior
Jun 22, 2008, 08:26 PM

I moved this to applications, which is where the .mac/mobile me stuff usually goes.

cwosigns
Forum Regular
Jun 22, 2008, 08:30 PM

If you buy before MobileMe goes live, you'll have a .mac email address and will have the option of using [email protected] or [email protected] after it is released.

Watch the tutorial video; it lays all of that out.
Chris
2011 MacBook Air, iPhone 4s, iPad 2

Rumor  (op)
Jun 22, 2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I moved this to applications, which is where the .mac/mobile me stuff usually goes.
Thanks. I wasn't sure.

Originally Posted by cwosigns View Post
If you buy before MobileMe goes live, you'll have a .mac email address and will have the option of using [email protected] or [email protected] after it is released.

Watch the tutorial video; it lays all of that out.
Thank you. Since I would rather have a .mac address, I will probably pick one up this week.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

MRTrauffer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 22, 2008, 11:20 PM

The day after the MobileMe announcement, I talked with a .mac service agent via chat. My questions were regarding the use of mac.com for email addresses and web links. For current .mac members, they will have the option to use either.

That prompted a second question, "so will that still be an option for members signing up after MobileMe launches?" Her response, "Looks like both addresses will work, even after the transition. Anything sent to either @mac.com or @me.com will end up in your same mailbox."
I gotta have more cowbell.

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jun 23, 2008, 09:46 AM

This reminds me of when Netscape mail was finally transferred to aim.com instead of netscape.net. All mail that is sent to either address still ends up in the same inbox. (I'm trying to get my mom to use her .Mac address, but she's been using Netscape mail for the last 8 years)
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules