Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther on a MDD, Monitor troubles

Panther on a MDD, Monitor troubles
SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 02:20 AM

So I'm using a dual 1ghz MDD and I installed 10.3 on my second hard drive (which I have never managed to boot from) and it works fine except for one thing. My monitor just turns off every 20 minutes or so. Kind of looks like a tv turning off doesn't matter what I'm doing, audio still plays green light is still on but it goes black. I can just turn it off and back on and everything is still there so I'm really confused b/c this obviously hasn't been happenening earlier.

So, is this an issue of it overheating? (it feels hot in here and behind my monitor)

Something to do with panther?

Refresh rate too high?
I have an NEC Accusync 95F set to 1280x1024, millions @ 85hz. I had it slightly less in Jaguar.

Anyone else having any similar issues? Anyone else install Panther on a second hard drive and miss all of their settings like I do? Oh yea, and toast (5.1.2) doesn't work anymore. and QT pro is also gone.

I appreciate in advance any comments suggestions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules