Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Power supply question - URGENT

Power supply question - URGENT
trusted_content
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2004, 08:01 PM

I've been trusted to do some software maintenance on a close associate's G3 Ibook (900 mhz... Gen-3 I believe?) while she is away on vacation. I just realized she neglected to leave me with the power supply (it is of the white brick variety), so I only have as much time as the battery allows me.

Waiting till she returns before I can begin work is unfortunately not an option. My question then is what options I have for finding a working power supply?

I have in my possession a G4 Powerbook with the yo-yo style power supply. Is this voltage-compatible with these late model iBooks, or could I possibly be damaging it?

Failing that, where can I easily obtain an iBook power supply in the Chicago area. I assume the Apple Store (10 minute bus ride away) is an option.
I offer strictly b2b web-based server-side enterprise solutions for growing e-business trusted content providers ;]

Voch
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2004, 09:45 PM

Here's Apple's support page on this very subject.

Voch

Detrius
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2004, 06:18 PM

The answer is that it will work just fine--for those who stumble across this in the future.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2004, 06:34 PM

i bought an OEM one on ebay and yes it works just fine. the specs on apple's site will back that up.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

Forum Links
Forum Rules