Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.1 is OUT!!!

10.1 is OUT!!!
tpitts1
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2001, 01:17 PM

If you are reading this....hehe.

griffman
Senior User
Jun 2, 2001, 01:29 PM

You know what this forum software could really use? A little checkbox next to each topic that said simply "Ignore this topic". As a registered user, once checked that topic would never again show up. There'd be an option to "Show ignored topics," of course, in case you ever wanted to catch up.

That way, I could really clean up my forum browsing -- I'd mark every single thread that even had the word "update" or "out" or "released" in the subject line as "Ignore". No more seeing 500 threads on the same stupid topic.

Hmm ... maybe I'll send something to the UBB folks! ;-)

-rob.
Visit macosxhints.com ... a community-built OS X hints and tips site.

JFK2000
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2001, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by tpitts1:
If you are reading this....hehe.
Not funny.....And no I didn't believe you...I just came to see what juvenile delinquent posted this.

If your parents find out you are making posts like this, they won't let you use the computer anymore.
Always go to other people's funerals or they won't come to yours.

tpitts1  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2001, 02:01 PM

If I were to get a $1.00 for all the idiotic posts about 10.[0-9].[0-9] that I have seen since the release of OS X....anyway, I only thought I would add to the hysteria. If I offended anyone, too bad. Anyone who knows what's going on, also knows that there is no way 10.1 is out, so get over it. Your replies only sum up the chaotic hype that you have all created and feed off of.

Let Software Update do its job. When an update is ready, you will be duly informed. It's good that I am thought of as so young, only proving that my post was something to laugh at, maybe even annoyed with, but to get angry at such an act...tsk. tsk. I wish that I only had to worry about things like this with the youth of today.

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jun 2, 2001, 02:05 PM

Please! There are too many of these already!

*click*

------------------
the oddball newsletter
------------------
it's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

tpitts1  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 2, 2001, 02:08 PM

I should have posted my original topic to the Lounge. Sorry, for wasting anyones time. Hopefully any future questions about REAL issues will not be met angst upon seeing "tpitts1" as the topic starter. Perhaps all the others posting their crap about updates could learn from my OBVIOUS LIE, and follow suit. I have made my point, albeit in a nasty way. Shame on me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules