Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > iMovie Trash

iMovie Trash
JetShave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2001, 08:57 AM

I've looked in the help files for this but can't find anything. Can anybody tell me how to retrieve stuff from the trash in iMovie - I've got some stuff that I don't want to lose but can't find a way of getting it out.

On the subject of my last post a thought:
How is it that a company who has a flagship cross platform programme like Quicktime, and has bet the farm on dv editing in the guise of iMovie, hasn't got the nous to explain in any help file how to import a quicktime movie into iMovie, one of the fundamental things that one would expect to be able to do with these two apple programmes. I can guarantee that there are a lot of disappointed people out there - and for no reason, because it turns out it's really easy!

I'm sorry, but for me that just beggars belief!
That's better - I just had to sound off about that!

------------------
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com

Quadzmodo
Forum Regular
Feb 1, 2001, 01:28 PM

You must be a newbie. iMovie 2 doesn't come with a book so most of the information you'll want is found on forum like these or at this site http://www.atomiclearning.com/freeimovie.shtml . Either of which will explain any potential problems you're having.

Now for your first question as far as undoing something you've placed in the trash, you just UNDO it. It will be found under edit and there's something called undo. How much you can undo is determined by the amount of ram you have in you system.

Importing movies are easy, but exporting them especially to quality greater than email status will vex your system. I suggest that you have no less than 256mbs of ram if you're serious about playing with iMovie2.

Hope this helps.
It's just my humble opinion.

JetShave  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2001, 06:08 PM

One of the things I'm struggling with is my programme doesn't say edit, it says �dition, and in it it says "annuler mettre � la corbeille"! Still, we struggle on. Many thanks for the info.

------------------
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com

kcsmoke
Feb 9, 2001, 10:01 PM

Until today, I only had 128 Mb ram and iMovie 2 works like a champ for me. Never crashed. Writing transitions and other effects is slow but I would think a faster machine than my iMac DV SE 400 would take care of that. :-)
Just got and installed an extra 256Mb. I would agree that more is better. It'll be fun to see if it shows improvement.

Forum Links
Forum Rules