Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > 'send' in OE not working with 9.2.2

'send' in OE not working with 9.2.2
JetShave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 2002, 03:43 PM

I had been using OE 5.0.2 with Mac Os 9.04 without problems for several months. Then I (reluctantly) decided that I needed Windows and purchased Virtual PC 5.0 for which I needed OS 9.1, which I duly downloaded. And then the problems began...

...OE worked perfectly except to send mail where it simply quit every time I hit the send button. I upgraded OE to 5.0.3 and the problem remained the same. So I upgraded to Mac OS 9.2.2 and the problem has alleviated slightly in that OE does not now quit on sending but an error message show saying that 'couldn't send mail - Not enough Memory'. I increased the memory allotment to OE to above the required amount and it can't be the RAM as it happens when OE is the only application launched when there is 140MB spare capacity.

If anyone can tell me what might be going on and how I might fix the problem I would be very grateful. (I know I can switch to another email client bu it's a bit of a pain and anyway it's nice to switch because I want to & not because I have to!!)
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com

Gerson
Apr 22, 2002, 07:05 PM

Hi,
You should consider upgrading to OE 5.0.4 and seeing what happens. This thread addresses pretty similar issues (including a problem I had). Good luck!

JetShave  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2002, 05:06 PM

Thanks for responding - I didn't get email notification , hence the delay!

I did as you suggested and upgraded to 5.0.4 but to no avail. The thread you directed me to was interesting but I can't see my way through this one.

I'm currently using OE and leaving messages on the server so I can continue to organise in OE, then I download onto Eudora 5.1 to delete from the server and make any replies. This is a pain!!

Does anyone know if there's an 'identities' facility in Eudora that I haven't found?
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules