Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Plantronics M50-MultiPoint: How to change between devices?

Plantronics M50-MultiPoint: How to change between devices?
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 23, 2012, 12:41 AM

This post relates to a Plantronics M50 headset. I unfortunately haven't found much information on the Plantronics website so thougth I'd try here. I purchased the Plantronics M50 a couple weeks ago and for the last week have set it up and used it with my iPhone 4S. It is a great Headset
I didn't think I'd use the MultiPoint since I only have one phone but I have an iPad and found out it can be set up on the iPad. I like to use it on the iPad when playing videos, etc. so I can use it for audio and at some point may use it with Facetime for video calls.
The issue I have is how do I switch it between devices? Once I turned on MultiPoint and paired it with the iPad (Phone 2) everytime I turned on the Headset it would say MultiPoint On, Phone 2. I could not find any way to get it back to Phone 1, the iPhone.
If I'm correct while watching a video on the iPad if the iPhone rang I would have the choice to press the call button to answer it and it would work with the phone but for example if I decided to watch a video on the iPhone then I have no clue how to get back to Phone 1, the iPhone.
The only way I could find to get back the Phone 1 was to turn Phone 2 off completely. Even turning off MultiPoint still connected to Phone 2.
I would imagine the Plantronics M50 has to have some type of feature to switch between the two devices. How do I do that?
Thanks for your help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules