Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 3 exciting new Gamecube games coming up! NOT!

3 exciting new Gamecube games coming up! NOT!
Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:09 AM

Totally new, mature and innovative!

Mario Baseball
Donkey Konga 3
Kirby

http://cube.ign.com/articles/568/568849p1.html

That sure is one hell of a line up to look forward to!

Other then the new Zelda what is going on with the GameCube? I mean up till 2 years ago I was the biggest Nintendo fanboy on earth having owned every damn thing they have ever made. I loved the N64 even though many games were almost double in cost to PS1 games.

When I heard them talk about the Gamecube they were labelling it as the Anti-N64 saying they wouldn't repeat all the problems again.

What were the problems with the N64 (which I still enjoyed as I didn't have any other systems):
Low storage
Very few games as Nintendo and Rare were the only ones developing for it
Expensive games
Mediocre audio.
Kiddy Image (it even game in a yellow version with some pokemon face)
Promised expandability that was not delivered.
No sports games

Killer games for the N64:
Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie 1 & 2
Rouge Squadron
Conkers (problem with it is that it came out at the end of the N64's life sold for almost $100 and had a mature rating when mostly kids owned the N64. It sold terribly)

What are the problems with the Gamecube:
Low storage
Very few games as Nintendo are only ones developing for it
Rare is now owned by Microsoft
Mediocre audio.
Kiddy Image
Very few games with Widescreen support
HD adapter near impossible to find for the first 2 years
Small controller with horrible Z button
No sports games
No network games
Nintendo telling people what they want: "People don't want a hard drive, people don't want network games, people don't want widescreen support, people don't want to watch DVD's on the game system." (sales of the expensive Xbox and PS2 shows they do and will pay for it)

Killer Games for the Cube:
Zelda TWW and probably the next one
Metroid 1 (2 is just like the old one)
Pikmen

In other words it got worse.

I WANTED the GameCube to Rock. Christ, I was at the store the day it was released at 5 in the morning to get mine and lined up for 3 hours (I already owned a PS2 as I couldn't wait for the Cube any longer).

I bought, Rouge Squadron, waverace and Luigi's Mansion. Star Wars was ok but I like the PS2 star Wars games much better, Waverace is fun but not timeless or that long. And lets all pretend the technology demo Luigi's Mansion didn't happen.
Zelda was AMAZING. Really, I loved it but it is hard to convince people to buy a Cube for Zelda. Pikmen is also great but not a terrible mature game. Metroid 1 is good but having played part 2 I am very disappointed as it is just the same as the first one with nothing new and exciting (other then a light/dark world). Next to the release of Halo 2 and many other great PS2 games I really doesn't stand out.

My problems right now with the Cube is this. The hardware is awesome, developers could be doing great things with it, problem is they don't want to and I can't blame them. They make a game for PS2, it might look a little worse but it will sell 10x better, an xbox version would have the best sound video and storage space. You can also play your own songs from the hard drive if you don't like the games soundtrack. So what does the cube have to offer?

The small disk space really shows. Nintendo has the worst cut scenes ever, Zelda the second time around was so annoying to play as I would just mash the A button to dismiss the subtitles of some character squeaking. No I don't want to watch movies in a game but when the story is important a fully animated and live rendered scene with full character voices helps a ton even if it only lasts 1 min.

I am really bumed out about the cube since getting Metroid 2 which doesn't look any nicer then a PS2 game and most of all isn't even half as fun as the 4 other XBOX or PS2 games I got this month. I am not out to hate the Cube, don't care about hardware specs (or the PS2 would be my fav) all I want is great great games. With the hardware limitations regarding disk space both visually and audibly and the extreamly poor 3rd party support I can't think of one reason how it wouldn't benefit Nintendo more just to make games for other systems other then a matter of pride. Yes they can make money off hardware but Zelda could beat Halo in sales if it came out for xBox and PS2 instead.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me other then the initial cost of buying the cube as snapped out of fanboy mode and got a XBOX and PS2 to fill the large void.

Lets hope Nintendo REALLY fixes the problems on the next round.

FLAME ON!
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:10 AM

i really gotta pee but i don't want to walk to the bathroom. suggestions?

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 01:19 AM

repeat after me-

OTHER. THAN. THAN.

OTHER THAN.

NOT other then. OTHER THAN.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:23 AM

Anyone else notice the number of Bazooka gum wrappers on my computer desk? I was meaning to clean those up, but one hand had a Jolt in it and the other hand was�well�you know.

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:26 AM

Originally posted by CreepingDeth:
Anyone else notice the number of Bazooka gum wrappers on my computer desk? I was meaning to clean those up, but one hand had a Jolt in it and the other hand was�well�you know.
you like to masturbate to Jolt cola?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 01:35 AM

Finally, a Kirby adventure for GC and in 3-D. Wonder how that will be. Looking forward to seeing more.

Donkey Konga doesn't do anything for me, though I hear it's fun. Meh, no interest.

Mario Baseball looks interesting. Maybe some special gameplay mechanics and not just baseball with Nintendo characters? I'll keep an eye on it.

Zelda will ****ing own. No doubt about it, really.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
you like to masturbate to Jolt cola?

Joking.

Star Wars Freak is a fanboy with no life outside of making snide political commentary and Nintendo bash threads. He is capable of nothing more.

hyperb0le
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2004, 01:39 AM

Wow, this thread's going nowhere fast.

Getting back on track, lots of people love the GameCube lineup. MarioKart, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis are both kickass games for when you have friends over, and I'm sure Mario Baseball will be the same way. Just because a game doesn't have you running around shooting hookers and crack dealers doesn't mean it's a bad game.

I for one like Kirby. I haven't played a Kirby game (other than SSB) since the SNES, but I've always enjoyed the image that Kirby portrays.

I haven't personally played Donkey Konga yet, but it seems to be Dance Dance Revolution, with the dance pad replaced with bongos. I don't hear PS2 owners complaining when Konami announces a new DDR game.

Basically, if you don't like a game, don't buy it. Just leave those of us who enjoy well-thought-out, timeless (for the most part) games to enjoy them.

NOTE: I am not just a Nintendo fanboy. I own a Gamecube, PS2, XBox, and a GBA. Of the four, the Gamecube gets the most use because I simply enjoy its games more. (Although you can't beat a GBA for old-school games )

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:47 AM

Star Wars Freak is a fanboy with no life outside of making snide political commentary and Nintendo bash threads. He is capable of nothing more.
yeah really "i don't hate Nintendo but every one of my threads/posts about gaming is saying that Nintendo is on a downwards spiral."

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Zelda will ****ing own. No doubt about it, really.
that is if they fix these graphics...

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 01:53 AM

What's the problem?

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 01:55 AM

What's the problem?
look at Link, then look at that thing hes fighting. notice a tad difference?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 02:09 AM

Texture and geometry is a little less detailed in the enemy, but that's to be expected for things you'll probably be fighting a lot of and only in intervals. I expect main characters, like Link especially, to have a ton of detail and nice texture work. Not to say that enemy looks bad at all�I think it looks bad ass. Some kind of super Moblin maybe?

The Link model is phenomenal. It's gonna kick so much ass.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 02:32 AM

Originally posted by hyperb0le:
Wow, this thread's going nowhere fast.

Getting back on track, lots of people love the GameCube lineup. MarioKart, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis are both kickass games for when you have friends over, and I'm sure Mario Baseball will be the same way. Just because a game doesn't have you running around shooting hookers and crack dealers doesn't mean it's a bad game.
Ya that is fine and cute and all but there are not two types of games.

1) Nintendo games that are cute and fun to play with friends
2) Shooting hookers

I just now finished one of the best games ever called Jak 3 for PS2. The graphics are unreal and it offers incredibly varied gameplay from adventure, racing, battles etc. Seriously it is fun as hell and not a mature game. As you can tell by the title it is the 3rd sequel for the PS2 all of which rocked.

Halo is no doubt one of the best games to play with other people, if you don't like shooting Crimson skys (a flying game) in AWSOME on its own or just as fun on XBOX live.

As for Zelda, yes I have hope BUT Zelda Majora's Mask was bad bad bad so I am nervous.

I mean where is the new exciting titles for gamecube? Mario, metroid all of which is 10 years old and they are just using nostalgia to sell the game. RE4 looks cool but the last one sucked and they seem to have lost faith in many people.

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 02:51 AM

Texture and geometry is a little less detailed in the enemy, but that's to be expected for things you'll probably be fighting a lot of and only in intervals. I expect main characters, like Link especially, to have a ton of detail and nice texture work. Not to say that enemy looks bad at all�I think it looks bad ass. Some kind of super Moblin maybe?
yeah but the super Moblin looks like something out of OoT. i dunno, all the other enemies look on par with link, so do the room graphics. maybe its a bad picture or unfinished model? it better kick ass, although the new view for the dungeons is scaring me if you can't change it.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 03:00 AM

On the N64 you're forgetting...

Zelda 64
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Mario Party (the first one was very cool and innovative)
WaveRace 64

And on the Cube... uh. Crap. You know what, I'm also a huge Nintendo fanboy, but the Cube has turned out to be a huge disappointment. It's 10 times the flop the N64 was. Nintendo needs to do something drastic to turn their company around. I thinnk we have one more generation and then they either go third party like Sega or form a partnership with another company. I think the PSP has a good chance of really doing major damage to Nintendos stranglehold on the handheld market as well.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:01 AM

Well graphics or not I still have faith in the next Zelda, but after that I mean that is it.

Super Mario sunshine was one of the biggest video game disappointments of my life.

Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by ort888:
On the N64 you're forgetting...

Zelda 64
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Mario Party (the first one was very cool and innovative)
WaveRace 64
Yes I agree with you on all those (except Mario party as I don't have it). I just couldn't think up those old school games even though I still have them all.

Yes the cube is a flop. I mean even Prince of Persia 2 that just came out was released for ALL systems. As always the Xbox version looks and sounds the best PLUS it has 2 extra adventures on it.

It is a darn shame as when the cube came out I got people to defect from Sony because I thought it would kick major arse. I am disappointed I was wrong. I was also wrong about the Xbox sucking.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 03:06 AM

MArio Sunshine was the worst major Mario release ever. It was painfully mediocre.

I'm looking forward to Metroid 2 (I don't have it yet, too many other games to play right now) Resident Evil and Zelda. That's it. 3 Games in a year. I probably bought 3 games last year also.

I've bought more great Xbox games in the last 2 months than I have bought GameCube games in the last 2 years.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:16 AM

I'm really enjoying Paper Mario right now. Mario Power Tennis is great as well.

I rarely play my Xbox. If I do, it's Top Spin. I have little interest in most Xbox games. I might get Halo 2, but probably when it becomes a $20 Greatest Hits title.

All the talk about the DS and PSP is fine, but the GBA SP is as close as it gets to perfect AFAIC.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:19 AM

MArio Sunshine was the worst major Mario release ever. It was painfully mediocre.
It was ugly as sin (ya it is supposed to be gawdy I know ) small small worlds and mostly repetitive as hell. Oh look, a puzzle, what should I do....... hmmmm.. well... I could spray it with water! Haven't tried that before!

Shame as I had my hopes up after Luigi's Mansion.

Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:21 AM

Originally posted by lavar78:

I rarely play my Xbox. If I do, it's Top Spin. I have little interest in most Xbox games. I might get Halo 2, but probably when it becomes a $20 Greatest Hits title.
Then you will never get it. Even the first Halo still sells for more than that as they know it is a good game and people will pay full for it.

I agree, the GBA SP is awesome, small good battery and games. The first GBA was huge with no backlight, couldn't wait to replace it.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:24 AM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
Then you will never get it. Even the first Halo still sells for more than that as they know it is a good game and people will pay full for it.
Actually, I bought the first Halo for that price. They'll put it on sale eventually.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 03:43 AM

I love the GBA. I've played a ton of great games on that little sucker. I still play Advance Wars almost every day.

That said, other then that new Zelda game, there isn't a single GBA game coming out that I want to get. Nothing. It's sad.

We need more games targeted toward adult gamers and less licensed crapola.

I want a port of the SNES version of civilization. How cool would that be? Strategy games work great on a portable system.

realmeatychunks
Nov 25, 2004, 02:37 PM

I think Viewtiful Joe was pretty kick ass, and look forward to the second one!

Tales of Symphonia was also very good.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by realmeatychunks:
Tales of Symphonia was also very good.
That's what I've heard. It's probably going to be my next purchase.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by realmeatychunks:
I think Viewtiful Joe was pretty kick ass, and look forward to the second one!
It is not a Nintendo exclusive though.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
Obviously it can't possibly be fun, then.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 03:15 PM

Obviously it can't possibly be fun, then.
No silly, I am saying that people are not going to want a cube because of this game. If they REALLY want this game they might as well get it for PS2 and have a much larger selection of games.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 03:20 PM

No silly, I am saying that people are not going to want a cube because of this game. If they REALLY want this game they might as well get it for PS2 and have a much larger selection of games.
But most of those games are available on other platforms, and what's left doesn't interest me, with the exception of GTA.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 03:22 PM

But most of those games are available on other platforms, and what's left doesn't interest me, with the exception of GTA.
Fine to each his own. For me the PS2 has the best selection of exclusive games. If it is available for all 3 systems I buy the Xbox version as it will look, sound and work the best.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

im_noahselby
Senior User
Nov 25, 2004, 03:29 PM

I skipped the GameCube, as it wasn't very appealing compared to what the competition offered and most importantly it lacked a fun Mario game (Mario Sunshine sucked, Luigi's Mansion was stupid). I picked up a PS2 for Suikoden III, FFX, and some other Konami games, but what really sold me was the built in DVD player.

I actually liked my N64. It had some really great games made by Rare and Nintendo. Third party support sucked, but I had a PS anyways...

GameCube on the other hand, wasn't what I had hoped it would be. I'm glad I saved my money and skipped it. I've bought every Nintendo system to date other than Virtual Boy, GameCube, Nintendo DS, and I have no regrets.

Reasons I never bought a GameCube:
- Resident Evil 4 is coming out for PS2 anyways
- Mario on GameCube sucked
- Rare is no more
- I didn't like Mario Kart Double Dash
- The controller - what was Nintendo thinking!
- Third party support is still questionable...

GameCube is on it's last legs and leading up to E3 it will be all but dead. For those holding out for the realistic Zelda, remember a little known game called: Dinosaur Planet.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

realmeatychunks
Nov 25, 2004, 03:33 PM

Oh, that's right, it ended up coming out for the PS2.

It started out as a nintendo exclusive at least.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by im_noahselby:
- Rare is no more
GameCube is on it's last legs and leading up to E3 it will be all but dead. For those holding out for the realistic Zelda, remember a little known game called: Dinosaur Planet.

Noah
Rare is actually making some really cool games for the Xbox. Conkers for one.

Also, I was thinking the same thing about Dinosaur planet and Zelda.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 05:15 PM

This is that N64 I was talking about.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 05:42 PM

I remember that thing.

osxpinot
Senior User
Nov 25, 2004, 05:54 PM

I'm not a big gaming person, but I loved my N64. I especially loved Mario 64, Banjo-Kazoie & Tooie, Goldeneye, and Mario Kart. However, I'm not pleased with gamecube's offerings, but I keep my system (without any games) because of the rumored Mario 128 that is coming out.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2004, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by osxpinot:
I'm not a big gaming person, but I loved my N64. I especially loved Mario 64, Banjo-Kazoie & Tooie, Goldeneye, and Mario Kart. However, I'm not pleased with gamecube's offerings, but I keep my system (without any games) because of the rumored Mario 128 that is coming out.
I bet you $10 that they can the Mario 128 to make it a launch title for the next system.

And yes the N64 did have some very good games all of which were made by Nintendo and Rare.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

im_noahselby
Senior User
Nov 25, 2004, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by osxpinot:
I hate to break it to you, but there isn't going to be a "Mario 128" game for the GameCube. Nintendo may release some sort of Mario spin-off, but if you're waiting for a true Mario sequel, you'll have to wait for Nintendo's next system.

That Pikachu N64 looks very sick. I liked it when Nintendo released clear coloured systems, like their DK lime bundle. Too bad they didn't do that with the Cube...

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 07:39 PM

Hasn't Miyamoto already said there is a true Mario sequel in the works for GameCube? I imagine we'll hear and see some of it at the next E3.

im_noahselby
Senior User
Nov 25, 2004, 07:52 PM

Hasn't Miyamoto already said there is a true Mario sequel in the works for GameCube? I imagine we'll hear and see some of it at the next E3.
I doubt he would make such a bold statement such as that. He's likely hinted he'd like to do a Mario sequel, but he did the same thing during the N64's lifespan...

I hope they go back to Mario's roots and drop the spray gun, ghost buster ideas from their heads. It would be cool if they could re-invent the feeling I got the first time I played Mario 64.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
that is if they fix these graphics...
When I click that I get redirects that stop at http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/...s/clear-sm.gif and then Safari errors out because of too many redirects.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 25, 2004, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by im_noahselby:
I doubt he would make such a bold statement such as that. He's likely hinted he'd like to do a Mario sequel, but he did the same thing during the N64's lifespan...
http://news.gamewinners.com/index.php/news/2188/

Apparently he said it very recently (stumbled upon this, posted today), but I swore I read something about it before.

"The next Mario, which we still are calling Mario 128, will be released for the Nintendo GameCube when it is complete," he said, "Though at this time, I cannot comment on when you will see this game launch."

I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Hopefully at E3.

Originally posted by ReggieX:
When I click that I get redirects that stop at http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/...s/clear-sm.gif and then Safari errors out because of too many redirects.
Yeah, IGN links can be funky like that. Copy and paste the link; it works fine.

im_noahselby
Senior User
Nov 25, 2004, 08:37 PM

http://news.gamewinners.com/index.php/news/2188/

Apparently he said it very recently (stumbled upon this, posted today), but I swore I read something about it before.

"The next Mario, which we still are calling Mario 128, will be released for the Nintendo GameCube when it is complete," he said, "Though at this time, I cannot comment on when you will see this game launch."

I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Hopefully at E3.
I stand corrected. Here is a link with information relating to the game: http://cube.ign.com/objects/014/0149...?ui=gamefinder Notice that there really isn't any information on the game?

This comment scares me a bit, but maybe I'm reading it out of context:

"Described by series creator Shigeru Miyamoto as having unique gameplay mechanics, Nintendo says it's keeping the title under close wraps so that competitors don't have a chance to copy some of the ideas."

Are you listening Nintendo? Not another Luigi's mansion or Mario Sunshine...

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 26, 2004, 12:53 AM

The Cube was doomed from the start because it wasn't released with a Mario game. The GameCube, GBA, GBA SP and now the DS have all launched without a killer ap.

It's a terrible business model. They had better launch their next system with something that will really move units, because if they don't, they are screwed. Actually, they are already pretty much screwed no matter what they do.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2004, 10:34 AM

The Cube was doomed from the start because it wasn't released with a Mario game. The GameCube, GBA, GBA SP and now the DS have all launched without a killer ap.

It's a terrible business model. They had better launch their next system with something that will really move units, because if they don't, they are screwed. Actually, they are already pretty much screwed no matter what they do.
Um, yeah. That clearly didn't work out at all with the GBA and the GBA SP, did it?

Seriously though, the backward compatibility of the GB systems protects the launches from needing a killer app. The DS has Mario 64, so I'm not sure what you mean there. According to some people, that's the only "killer app" coming out a launch for the DS or PSP.

hayesk
Nov 26, 2004, 12:06 PM

Uhm, the GameCube, GBA, and GBA SPs are all huge successes. The DS remains to be seen.

FYI, I have a PS2 and a GameCube. I play the gamecube more. I like Paper Mario, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime (didn't get 2 yet, maybe for Christmas), Mario Party 4, (waiting for price to come down on 5), Ikaruga, and Zelda: Four Swords.

On the PS2 I play Gran Turismo 3 and Gradius V. My wife likes Kingdom Hearts. We have a stack of PS2 games borrowed from a friend that never get played.

And I prefer the GC controller over any of the others.

Now, everyone repeat after me "not everyone has the same taste in games as I do. Not everyone has the same taste in games as I do. Not everyone..."

Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2004, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by hayesk:

Now, everyone repeat after me "not everyone has the same taste in games as I do. Not everyone has the same taste in games as I do. Not everyone..."
You are not part of the majority, you are not part of the majority, you are not part of the majority.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2004, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
You are not part of the majority, you are not part of the majority, you are not part of the majority.
And how is that relevant, fellow Mac user?

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 26, 2004, 01:34 PM

Nintendo should heir me as a game developer

Dang I had so many great ideas growing up as a kid for different types of in game batter systems and stuff...

Nintendo should really look at doing their own in hour RPG that isn't lame and kiddy but goes back to games like FF3 for inspiration.

There are a fair number of classic genres that Nintendo seems to be ignoring. They need a great partnership and a better way of doing things to stay alive.

Forum Links
Forum Rules