Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > EVERYTHING MUST GO!! (lots of PowerMac G4 goodies)

EVERYTHING MUST GO!! (lots of PowerMac G4 goodies)
MORT A POTTY
Senior User
Feb 1, 2006, 09:59 PM

I posted most of this stuff a while back but because I was a nice guy and held stuff for some first askers I can no longer do that because stuff ended up not getting sold. so, you must contact me saying you're willing to PayPal the money NOW (do not send it before contacting me) and you will get it. quickest way would be catching me on AIM under the s/n "MORT A POTTY" or via e-mail me_mort AT mac DOT com.

GigaDesigns dual 1.42Ghz upgrade (sold from them as dual 1.8Ghz) complete in box, perfect working order, etc. etc. works up to dual 1.8Ghz w/o issue, i have the jumpers set to 1.73 (for 133Mhz busses, settings will differ for 100Mhz busses) though. well, dip switches actually... anyhow. Dual 7447A PowerPC G4 CPUs.

$425 shipped
-----------------------------------------------------
Apple AirPort card. Apple no longer makes these so get it now while there are still a few floating around.

$110 shipped
----------------------------------------------------
Sonnet Tempo SATA PCI card + cables
Add two SATA ports to any PCI equipped Mac. I'll include two SATA cables and a splitter/adapter that you can plug a power supply into and will give you two SATA power connectors and a pass-through for the 4-pin connector. all of these accessories must be purchased separately if you buy this card new, but I will save you the trouble and include them w/ the card.

$60 shipped
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB GPU. AGP 2x/4x. ADC + VGA + S-Video out. I'm also including a Dr.Bott DVI adapter that you can convert the ADC port into a DVI port. includes all "real" items included w/ it like cables and stuff. I'll include the original HSF as well if you want it (must request). has an ATI Silencer installed on it for silent cooling. also I've stuck some mini RAM sinks on the VRAM chips they would fit on. works perfectly. has a bit of dust on the inside of the edges of the fan compartment (which I've since cleaned out very nicely) but everything still works quite well. takes up adjacent PCI slot because of the cooler.

170 shipped
Original Apple CPU/heatsink from my Quicksilver 2001 PowerMac. 867Mhz, 2MB L3 Cache, Motorola 745x processor.

120 bucks shipped

NOTE: all prices include shipping to anywhere in the continental united states, please add 5 dollars for shipping to canada because it's a pain in the ass. All items are sold as-is, but they do work as I was using them till my logic board died and now I gotta sell it all to pay off my new iMac and the ungodly high priced RAM, but as-is because I cannot afford to refund anything that you are not happy with for some reason or another (second thoughts would be about the only thing I can think of one might return it and I cannot afford that ****).

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Feb 9, 2006, 01:20 AM

the Giga CPU upgrade is sold.

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Feb 9, 2006, 09:02 PM

Sonnet SATA card is sold as well

what's left:

AirPort card
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro + Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer installed
867Mhz Apple CPU + heatsink from Quicksilver 2001

MORT A POTTY  (op)
Senior User
Feb 13, 2006, 02:18 PM

AirPort card is now sold as well.

still have the Radeon + great cooler and the original 867Mhz G4 CPU.

Forum Links
Forum Rules