Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adium 1.0 beta out

Adium 1.0 beta out (Page 2)
rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry
O'skool & New Hotness!:

Preferences icons:

Tick
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Horsepoo!!!
In a way v1.0 was the AIM-only Adium...then Adam Iser decided to revamp the whole app and open-source it.

The AIM only Adium Adam started has always been open source.

Adium X is basically Adium 2 (look in Library/Application Support, we never changed that), but we felt that it was better to name it as Adium X because it was a brand new application, totally new rewrite/etc.

Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 14, 2006, 03:09 PM

I've learned my lesson about BETAs though... you can never trust 'em... ever. (not that I have a Mac to trust it on right now XDLMAO!~)
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2006, 03:35 PM

So i can't search any logs from pre-beta. When I first installed the first beta, it said it was indexing the my chat scripts but then it crashed. So I don't know if It didn't finish or something. Does anyone know how to re-index my chat logs? THe adium forum is still down?

I am running 1b5.
( Last edited by TheMosco; Jul 19, 2006 at 04:46 PM. )
AXP
ΔΣΦ

gsxrboy
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2006, 07:42 PM

I think 1b5 broke them, some of mine don't have dates on them now and they can take forever to show anything..

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2006, 07:52 PM

I'm on 1b5, and mine are fine. Lighting fast, and none lost.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by gsxrboy
I think 1b5 broke them, some of mine don't have dates on them now and they can take forever to show anything..
I don't have any trouble searching logs made from b1 on, only logs from Adium .89 or whatever t was.

[edit]

I fixed the problem. If this happens to anyone else, here is how to fix it. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Users/Default/ and open the Logging.plist file. Change the Log Index Version to 3 and Log Extension Updated to No and then open Adium. It will re-index you logs.
( Last edited by TheMosco; Jul 20, 2006 at 09:50 PM. )
AXP
ΔΣΦ

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 20, 2006, 05:29 AM

You should have followed the advice of backing up your App Support folder for Adium, so you could recover your logs using the latest official release, 0.89.1, Adium betas are for (guess what) beta testing and are really prone to fail, as that is the objetive of the beta testing stage, to find ugly bugs and fix them.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2006, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by eevyl
You should have followed the advice of backing up your App Support folder for Adium, so you could recover your logs using the latest official release, 0.89.1, Adium betas are for (guess what) beta testing and are really prone to fail, as that is the objetive of the beta testing stage, to find ugly bugs and fix them.
I did back up btw, but the logs are still there in my application support file, and i can view them within adium, I just can't search them.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 20, 2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah, my advice is to go back to the backup and 0.89.1, check everything works, and then backup again and try to upgrade to 1.0betas, see if the logs are properly upgraded and try again. Oh and btw there is a bug in current beta (beta5 and very probably all prior) with the dates of the logs, with some of them missing. It's fixed in source and will be in next beta.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2006, 09:54 AM

The new beta is already out.
( Last edited by TheMosco; Jul 20, 2006 at 04:59 PM. )
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2006, 03:17 PM

Could you not link directly to the .dmg? The notes on the beta page are there for a reason.

gsxrboy
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by eevyl
Oh and btw there is a bug in current beta (beta5 and very probably all prior) with the dates of the logs, with some of them missing. It's fixed in source and will be in next beta.
Still seems to be there in b6 for me.

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 21, 2006, 05:35 AM

Well, I was wrong, should be fixed somewhere in a future beta/update.

Forum Links
Forum Rules