Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook C2D temp check

Macbook C2D temp check
Spartan452
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2006, 01:55 PM

How do you check your temperature in your macbook C2D, i just got it and it seems a little hot, its not too hot, its just warm. Btw how do you check your system stats, like how much ram you have, what type of cpu, and harddrive left? First time using a mac

dparker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2006, 05:18 PM

Welcome to the forum and the mac community.

To check you temp you need to download coreduotemp:

http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/21674

To check system stats click on the apple on the very top left of your screen menu then scroll down to "about this mac"

If your wondering how much harddrive space is left just double click the macintosh hd icon. It show how many gigs left at the bottom of the window.

I've had my macbook c2d 1.83 for about a week and a half now and just love it. Anyway enjoy your new macbook. : )

muaddib420
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2006, 06:51 PM

the macbooks run hot to the touch, especially underneath near the power plug. that's normal. it's designed to minimize fan use i believe, so it disperses the heat to the case. which makes it important to keep it off of your lap

Spartan452  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2006, 11:46 PM

i installed it, but i cant get it to work, is it only for CD macbooks, because i have a C2D macbook

m_young
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Spartan452 View Post
i installed it, but i cant get it to work, is it only for CD macbooks, because i have a C2D macbook
you're probably doing something wrong, works fine on my c2d

Forum Links
Forum Rules