Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12 inch iBook G4, how much?

12 inch iBook G4, how much?
silverflyer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2007, 06:57 PM

How much do you think my 1.5 year old 12inch iBook G4 is worth, it has a 30gb HDD, 768mb ram, Airport Extreme, OSX 10.4.8 and no problems at all.
Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.2ghz, 4gb ram, 4x 1 Terabyte hdd's, 8800GT, 30inch Samsung display running OSX Leopard Server
15 inch Macbook Pro Unibody and Apple 24 inch LED Display.

m_young
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2007, 07:59 PM

I sold my 12" ibook g4 800 w/60 gig HD and 640 mb ram, running 10.4.8, which was 3 years old at the time, for $500 in december. So somewhere north of that, possibly.

I had all the original packaging to include as well. Thought it was a nice touch.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 24, 2007, 10:28 PM

Based on recent eBay auctions, $550-600.

tmwoodall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2007, 11:31 PM

I just bought a G4 1.22mghz with all original pkg and cds, Applecare until July 2008, 512 ram and Airport Extreme. Paid 545 Shipped off of ebay. If you have applecare it will go for more I watched tons of auctions

frdmfghtr
Senior User
Jan 24, 2007, 11:59 PM

That's all good to hear--I'll be listing a late 2005 12" iBook as well, with some extra upgrades and goodies...

80 GB 5400 RPM hard drive
1 GB memory
Virtual PC 7
New (never used) spare battery
mini-DVI to VGA adapter
mini-DVI to S-Video/Composite adapter
Balance of AppleCare (this I want to research more, to make sure a DIY hard drive upgrade didn't kill the coverage)

I'll wipe the drive first and do a fresh Tiger install...only use I'll make of it is to do all the updates prior to sale.

Think I should list it here first? Maybe I'll list it here with a link to the eBay auction...if that's not against forum rules.

tmwoodall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2007, 08:44 AM

at the moment as an avid watcher I feel I can give you a semi good estimate, I would guess in the 650 Range since you have applecare and the larger HD. Of course you will want the gallery view, non stock photos, don't screw people on shipping, and make it end at a normal time. The one I bought ended at 1 Am Central time last Friday, I bet the guy could have gotten 50-100 more if it ended at a more desirable time.

silverflyer  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 25, 2007, 11:59 AM

if anyone wants to make me an offer, that would be great too...

lol.
Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.2ghz, 4gb ram, 4x 1 Terabyte hdd's, 8800GT, 30inch Samsung display running OSX Leopard Server
15 inch Macbook Pro Unibody and Apple 24 inch LED Display.

frdmfghtr
Senior User
Jan 25, 2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by tmwoodall View Post
at the moment as an avid watcher I feel I can give you a semi good estimate, I would guess in the 650 Range since you have applecare and the larger HD. Of course you will want the gallery view, non stock photos, don't screw people on shipping, and make it end at a normal time. The one I bought ended at 1 Am Central time last Friday, I bet the guy could have gotten 50-100 more if it ended at a more desirable time.
I don't play with funny shipping charges...I'll probably go with something like $15 shipping, insured to full auction price, with delivery confirmation. If it's a little less than $15, good for me. If it goes above $15, good for the buyer. Or maybe for something like this I'll go FedEx or UPS, although USPS is much more convenient (for me anyway).

I also took the photos already...including those that show the mars and regular wear-and-tear that goes with a 1.5 years of use...I go for full disclosure.

Hopefully it goes on the auction block this weekend after the necessary prep work.

frdmfghtr
Senior User
Jan 27, 2007, 02:20 PM

It's listed! I also put up a post in the marketplace forum. I went $525 to start with $700 Buy It Now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules