Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Will Any President End The Wars?

Will Any President End The Wars?
natro301
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2008, 06:34 PM

I'm sure this has been discussed in length here but let please try to show the reason why any candidate would be foolish to end the peace keeping missions. As bad as Iraq was in 05' 06' things have changed and are improving with every passing week . The media TV newspaper all cover the war as if it was Vietnam a conflict with 2 groups one Americans ,Coalition members and the Kurds and some Iraqi support but only disloyal Iraqis then, the American enemy Al-Qaeda ,Iran,Shia rebels. That is a creation of a media fighting for ratings and not interested in telling the nuances of the Middle Eastern and Iranian culture so we are left with the Idea Iraq Shia will become Iranian Theocrats and Sunnis will be supported by Sunni states like the Shia and Kurds well there is little reason to talk about them they don't have enough violence to be important these ideas portrayed by the media are so far for fact it is laughable if not for the mass of loss of life with an American surrender. First Iraq is almost 50/50 Sunni/Shia Kurds are an ethnic group not Arab like the rest of Iraq they are majority Sunni though there are Kurdish Jews and Christians while these are a small minority because of the diaspora of the last 100 years cause by Arab and Turks and Iranians trying to wipe them and their culture out. Like the Kurds the Iraqi Shia have been treated badly by the Ottamans then the Monarch, then the Republics of Iraq this does not make them the Iranians best Friends as the Iranians be Persian and Iraqi Shia being Arabs they don't even speak the same langue and let us not forget the event that dominated Iraqi Iranian relations for 20 years The Iran/Iraq war the first war since WWI to use chemical weapons in a large way this was done by an Iraqi army of Shia and Sunnis though Saddam gassed Shia and kurd who were loyal fighter. During the war make no mistake there was Shia Iraqis killing large numbers of Iranians. The Idea of Al-Qaeda and Iran being a united front and share ideology is just wrong Iran is Shia many Shia in Afghanistan have been murdered for just being Shia, Osama bin Laden is close to the Saudi family in 1987 more then 400 Iranians were killed for a confusion over a chant by Iranians. Iran was supporting the Northern Alliance of Afghanistan to wipe out Al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan way before 9/11. Iraqi Kurdistan being autonomous is not because Iraqis wanted to do some thing nice for the largest Stateless people it is because the peshmerga led by the great Mustafa Barzani fought for there freedom and now they have it and with help from America they can become the Iraqi Dubai unless some pandering President pulls an immoral fast one and pulls Coalition troops out. With 7% Economic growth in Iraqi it will soon be united for the same reason not "Western Country" has Civil war its bad for the economy soon Iraqis will be saying its the economy stupid! With a Clinton Win we will win the war Republicans got us in and Democrats will clean up the mess.so what do you think Flame away please! Just Kidding?
( Last edited by OreoCookie; Jan 21, 2008 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Please don't abuse the size tag, people.)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2008, 06:44 PM

Damn, that's just impossible to read.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by natro301 View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed in length here but let please try to show the reason why any candidate would be foolish to end the peace keeping missions. As bad as Iraq was in 05' 06' things have changed and are improving with every passing week . The media TV newspaper all cover the war as if it was Vietnam a conflict with 2 groups one Americans ,Coalition members and the Kurds and some Iraqi support but only disloyal Iraqis then, the American enemy Al-Qaeda ,Iran,Shia rebels. That is a creation of a media fighting for ratings and not interested in telling the nuances of the Middle Eastern and Iranian culture so we are left with the Idea Iraq Shia will become Iranian Theocrats and Sunnis will be supported by Sunni states like the Shia and Kurds well there is little reason to talk about them they don't have enough violence to be important these ideas portrayed by the media are so far for fact it is laughable if not for the mass of loss of life with an American surrender. First Iraq is almost 50/50 Sunni/Shia Kurds are an ethnic group not Arab like the rest of Iraq they are majority Sunni though there are Kurdish Jews and Christians while these are a small minority because of the diaspora of the last 100 years cause by Arab and Turks and Iranians trying to wipe them and their culture out. Like the Kurds the Iraqi Shia have been treated badly by the Ottamans then the Monarch, then the Republics of Iraq this does not make them the Iranians best Friends as the Iranians be Persian and Iraqi Shia being Arabs they don't even speak the same langue and let us not forget the event that dominated Iraqi Iranian relations for 20 years The Iran/Iraq war the first war since WWI to use chemical weapons in a large way this was done by an Iraqi army of Shia and Sunnis though Saddam gassed Shia and kurd who were loyal fighter. During the war make no mistake there was Shia Iraqis killing large numbers of Iranians. The Idea of Al-Qaeda and Iran being a united front and share ideology is just wrong Iran is Shia many Shia in Afghanistan have been murdered for just being Shia, Osama bin Laden is close to the Saudi family in 1987 more then 400 Iranians were killed for a confusion over a chant by Iranians. Iran was supporting the Northern Alliance of Afghanistan to wipe out Al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan way before 9/11. Iraqi Kurdistan being autonomous is not because Iraqis wanted to do some thing nice for the largest Stateless people it is because the peshmerga led by the great Mustafa Barzani fought for there freedom and now they have it and with help from America they can become the Iraqi Dubai unless some pandering President pulls an immoral fast one and pulls Coalition troops out. With 7% Economic growth in Iraqi it will soon be united for the same reason not "Western Country" has Civil war its bad for the economy soon Iraqis will be saying its the economy stupid! With a Clinton Win we will win the war Republicans got us in and Democrats will clean up the mess.so what do you think Flame away please! Just Kidding?
please use a better font color next time. it tends to blur together against the white

natro301  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 20, 2008, 07:17 PM

I'm sure this has been discussed in length here but let please try to show the reason why any candidate would be foolish to end the peace keeping missions. As bad as Iraq was in 05' 06' things have changed and are improving with every passing week . The media TV newspaper all cover the war as if it was Vietnam a conflict with 2 States and Iraq is one Americans ,Coalition members and the Kurds and some Iraqi support but only disloyal Iraqis then, the American enemy Al-Qaeda ,Iran,Shia rebels. That is a creation of a media fighting for ratings and not interested in telling the nuances of the Middle Eastern and Iranian culture so we are left with the Idea Iraq Shia will become Iranian Theocrats and Sunnis will be supported by Sunni states like the Shia and Kurds well there is little reason to talk about them they don't have enough violence to be important these ideas portrayed by the media are so far for fact it is laughable if not for the mass of loss of life with an American surrender. First Iraq is almost 50/50 Sunni/Shia Kurds are an ethnic group not Arab like the rest of Iraq they are majority Sunni though there are Kurdish Jews and Christians while these are a small minority because of the diaspora of the last 100 years cause by Arab and Turks and Iranians trying to wipe them and their culture out. Like the Kurds the Iraqi Shia have been treated badly by the Ottamans then the Monarch, then the Republics of Iraq this does not make them the Iranians best Friends as the Iranians be Persian and Iraqi Shia being Arabs they don't even speak the same langue and let us not forget the event that dominated Iraqi Iranian relations for 20 years The Iran/Iraq war the first war since WWI to use chemical weapons in a large way this was done by an Iraqi army of Shia and Sunnis though Saddam gassed Shia and kurd who were loyal fighter. During the war make no mistake there was Shia Iraqis killing large numbers of Iranians. The Idea of Al-Qaeda and Iran being a united front and share ideology is just wrong Iran is Shia many Shia in Afghanistan have been murdered for just being Shia, Osama bin Laden is close to the Saudi family in 1987 more then 400 Iranians were killed for a confusion over a chant by Iranians. Iran was supporting the Northern Alliance of Afghanistan to wipe out Al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan way before 9/11. Iraqi Kurdistan being autonomous is not because Iraqis wanted to do some thing nice for the largest Stateless people it is because the peshmerga led by the great Mustafa Barzani fought for there freedom and now they have it and with help from America they can become the Iraqi Dubai unless some pandering President pulls an immoral fast one and pulls Coalition troops out. With 7% Economic growth in Iraqi it will soon be united for the same reason not "Western Country" has Civil war its bad for the economy soon Iraqis will be saying its the economy stupid! With a Clinton Win we will win the war Republicans got us in and Democrats will clean up the mess.so what do you think Flame away please! Just Kidding?
Here it is in Black text so it can be easy to read if it is mhard to understand i've never been a great writer. Thanks for the feedback Mac Peoples!

Cold Warrior
Jan 20, 2008, 07:31 PM

Paragraphs would also be nice.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2008, 07:53 PM

As would be more periods and commas.

And lens flare.

On topic, I think the answer is no.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2008, 12:35 AM

Is this spam? Looks like it.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 01:04 AM

"Join Date: Jul 1999" i doubt it

ApeInTheShell
Senior User
Jan 21, 2008, 03:28 AM

There have been two wars since the September 11th terrorist attacks(conspiracy theories aside)
A. Afghanistan
If you recall we did not catch Osama Bin Laden but we defeated "The Base" and drove them out to other middle east countries like Syria, Iran and Pakistan.
B. Iraq
It took us about four months to win the war and years to rebuild the country, military, and political structure. Plus we had Saddam loyalists and suicide bombers to deal with but there has been some improvement depending on who you talk to.

To answer your question, I think a Democratic President would withdraw the troops within a few months, plant an embassy, and move on to address other issues like poverty, the economy, and social programs.

note: Yes I realize most of my sentences are not grammatically correct.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 03:33 AM

C. The War on Terror

ApeInTheShell
Senior User
Jan 21, 2008, 04:06 AM

Oh I thought the message you had below was what the OP comment was in their profile. lol

PaperNotes
Jan 21, 2008, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Damn, that's just impossible to read.
Paragraphs Now.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 21, 2008, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
And lens flare.
I thought I was having some sort of font/framing issue. I zapped PRAM and repaired permissions, but still couldn't read it.
ebuddy

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 11:13 AM

Holy crap, even the 1-sentence OS X summary makes a bleedin' novella:

Like the Kurds the Iraqi Shia have been treated badly by the Ottamans then the Monarch, then the Republics of Iraq this does not make them the Iranians best Friends as the Iranians be Persian and Iraqi Shia being Arabs they don't even speak the same langue and let us not forget the event that dominated Iraqi Iranian relations for 20 years The Iran/Iraq war the first war since WWI to use chemical weapons in a large way this was done by an Iraqi army of Shia and Sunnis though Saddam gassed Shia and kurd who were loyal fighter.

YOU LOSE (and suck at the internet).
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
As would be more periods and commas.

And lens flare.

On topic, I think the answer is no.
And DEL keystrokes.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

natro301  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ApeInTheShell View Post
There have been two wars since the September 11th terrorist attacks(conspiracy theories aside)
A. Afghanistan
If you recall we did not catch Osama Bin Laden but we defeated "The Base" and drove them out to other middle east countries like Syria, Iran and Pakistan.
B. Iraq
It took us about four months to win the war and years to rebuild the country, military, and political structure. Plus we had Saddam loyalists and suicide bombers to deal with but there has been some improvement depending on who you talk to.

To answer your question, I think a Democratic President would withdraw the troops within a few months, plant an embassy, and move on to address other issues like poverty, the economy, and social programs.

note: Yes I realize most of my sentences are not grammatically correct.
OK first AYeah right Syria and Iran you realise Sryia is a radical baathist regaime that is very secular and not religous at all. The Baathist government was almost over thrown by the Muslim Brotherhood in 1980 till 1982 and let use not forget "the base's"(Why Translate it no one does) number 2 man is Ayman al-Zawahiri was a member of Muslim Brotherhood. Oh and for since religon is pretty big in this area Syria president is not muslim but Alawite. And Afganistan to Syria look on a map it is a long trip threw hostile countries

natro301  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
"Join Date: Jul 1999" i doubt it
Yeah I lost all my posts I have no Idea why but how would I change my join date

natro301  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2008, 11:37 AM

OH yeah thats why I was posting about Xtrem Mac and the LinuxPPC Distro

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
C. The War on Terror
LOL! That's not a war, it's a campaign against civil rights and economic stability by the US government on their own people.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2008, 12:52 PM

PaperNotes
Jan 21, 2008, 01:34 PM

You scared me. I thought my screen had a big white spot burning in it.
( Last edited by PaperNotes; Jan 9, 2018 at 06:58 AM. )

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2008, 02:47 PM

Ya that scared me also.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2008, 02:48 PM

I lay the blame squarely on subego's shoulders.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 02:53 PM

Eug FTW.

1999 called -- it wants its netiquette back.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

red rocket
Mac Elite
Jan 22, 2008, 08:02 AM

Although there appear to be elements in natro301's posts that make sense, I take exception to his assertion that the situation in Iraq is ‘improving with every passing week’. That's nothing but media spin, remember all the information comes from embedded journalists and hired thugs who claim that things are getting better because otherwise people might get the impression they're not doing their job properly.

And use some paragraphs, woman.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post

I lay the blame squarely on subego's shoulders.

If it's any consolation, it totally freaked me out too.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 23, 2008, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by red rocket View Post
Although there appear to be elements in natro301's posts that make sense, I take exception to his assertion that the situation in Iraq is ‘improving with every passing week’. That's nothing but media spin, remember all the information comes from embedded journalists and hired thugs who claim that things are getting better because otherwise people might get the impression they're not doing their job properly.
I've never gotten the impression that the media was hesitant to report on problems in Iraq. Have you?
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 23, 2008, 09:17 AM

Well, some focus more on them than others.

To be honest though, I'd have to say the media spin on the improvements in Iraq as reported by the Pentagon and the White House (who if not thugs, are certainly hired) has been one of skepticism.

I'd say the most positive spin is that the insurgents are lying low to wait us out and the civil war has calmed down because individual regions have been "sectarianally cleansed" of either Sunni or Shi'a.

In other words, not positive at all.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Wow. That was different.

BTW, there has been war somewhere all through the life of mankind. Everyday, the war has been going on for millions of years somewhere.

Forum Links
Forum Rules