Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Using Safari, trying to change some settings on my router

Using Safari, trying to change some settings on my router
davidk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2009, 02:31 PM

I am trying to change some settings on my router to allow for something to pass through for a game. However, each time I change the settings on my router, it says that safari can't open the page server busy try again in a few minutes. I looked on the safari help page and it said to reset cache and history. I did that but to no avail.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2009, 02:35 PM

Depending on the settings that you're changing, you might be changing something that's causing your computer to temporarily lose its connection to the router. Are the settings not being changed?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

davidk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2009, 03:02 PM

they are not changing, because when I click save settings it redirects me to the "bad page" message. I have changed these specific settings before on this computer a long time ago, but the changes were somehow undone and I cannot replicate the changes due to the problem described

davidk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2009, 05:58 PM

this is the message I am given

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://"my IP adress"/apply.cgi” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

Cold Warrior
Aug 13, 2009, 06:20 PM

try another browser like firefox

ibook_steve
Aug 13, 2009, 06:42 PM

When you save settings on a router, the router usually has to restart, so you'll lose the connection. Are you saying that after you reconnect to the router, the settings change you made does not take?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Cold Warrior
Aug 13, 2009, 07:50 PM

Is it a linksys? My recent experiences (last couple of years) with their products have been poor.

Aegis
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2009, 08:03 PM

I have the same issue on my Linksys. Safari 4.x (though the beta worked fine) will open router settings but will not enable any changes to be saved. Works fine in Firefox though. So give that a shot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules