Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Help creating articles and forums

Help creating articles and forums
AWShuttleworth
Nov 26, 2004, 12:04 PM

I'd like to start a web site that contains Moveable Type-style articles (� la MacThemes) that at the end contain links, rather than to that awful popup comment box, to forum threads about that particular entry (� la MacBytes).

What are my options as far as this is concerned? Any thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.
Hi. Nice to see you. You look lovely.

AWShuttleworth  (op)
Nov 28, 2004, 10:10 PM

Perhaps I should clarify my question.

Basically, I want to set up a web site with two parts: a news items page and a forum. I would like the news items automatically to be given and to link to threads within the forums for commentary on the items.

Eventually, things like a calendar &c might be added to it, so all things being equal, the more long-term flexibility, the better.
Hi. Nice to see you. You look lovely.

k2director
Senior User
Dec 10, 2004, 01:50 AM

Hey there,
What about runnning vBulletin (which is the same forum package that Macnn uses, and others), and then install a CMS/home page module on top of that that, which gives you home-page news items that link to their own forum threads. A popular, capable front-end for vBulletin would be at www.vbadvanced.com. There are other options as well, like vbindex.

Forum Links
Forum Rules