Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Use keyboard shortcuts for tools in Photoshop?

Use keyboard shortcuts for tools in Photoshop?
AWShuttleworth
Sep 15, 2006, 01:31 PM

OK, I can do this on my PowerBook, so I know it's possible, but it isn't happening on my PowerMac for some reason.

In Photoshop, I want to be able to cycle through tools activated by a particular shortcut - the Gradient Tool and the Paint Bucket Tool, for example, which are both called by "G" - by pressing that shortcut repeatedly. So if I have the marquee tool selected, for example, I want "G" to first call the Paint Bucket Tool - and when I press "G" again, I want it to switch to the Gradient Tool.

This is happening on my PB but on the tower pressing "G" repeatedly is just sticking with Paint Bucket. I'm running the very latest CS2 on both computers.

I can't find this anywhere in the preferences. How do I activate this?
Hi. Nice to see you. You look lovely.

Uisce
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2006, 03:25 PM

I think you need to press shift + G.

Uisce

AWShuttleworth  (op)
Sep 15, 2006, 05:11 PM

Brilliant, of course. I must have done it by muscle memory on my PowerBook that when I started using my PowerMac's full size keyboard I didn't realize I'd been pressing an extra key.

Thanks.
Hi. Nice to see you. You look lovely.

Forum Links
Forum Rules