Powerbook 15" aluminum FW800, 1.25ghz, 2 gig ram, 80 gig hd
Several months ago my computer locked up on me during an update. I did a hard restart, and the apple icon appears (makes dong sound) and the little circle appeared...but no booting. So here is what I did:
1. Checked the ram: All good, even tried new ram
2. Tried booting to disk from my other mac via fw and I could see the hard drive and access its data (retrieved data)
3. Tried booting to OSX via install disk, but when it got to the screen that lets you choose the target drive, nothing showed up.
4. Bought new HD (WD 160 gig) and installed
5. Tried again to install OSX and again...no target disk drive shows up to load the OS.
Now I've ruled out faulty ram, hard drive, and OS. I can access the installed drive if I boot to another computer, AND if I boot to an external drive with OSX on it. Does this sound like the logic board? Maybe the ribbon from the drive to the logic board?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.