Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sound cuts out on 12" PowerBook

Sound cuts out on 12" PowerBook
icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 15, 2003, 01:43 AM

Now that I have my computer connected to a nice speaker system, I am using iTunes more and more to listen to music (before I used the iPod even when sitting at my computer). I've noticed that the sound on my computer will sometimes cut out for a few seconds when playing music. This isn't iTunes stuttering or anything like that, but rather the sound just stopping and then resuming a few seconds later. I've also noticed it when playing DVDs. I'd say it happens around once a day, so it's relatively noticeable. Anyone else have this problem? I can't imagine that it would be a software issue, but you never know.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2003, 02:14 AM

My 12" PB has never done that...how much RAM do you have? Using lots of other apps. along w/ iTunes? Think it's possibly gasping for RAM while in use?
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 15, 2003, 03:33 AM

640MB of RAM...so no. It really doesn't seem to have anything to do with having many programs running, and the disk doesn't churn or anything. The sound just stops and then resumes (the song seems to keep playing as if nothing was wrong, but there's no sound).

Forum Links
Forum Rules