Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Trade in imac?

Trade in imac?
ryanbrown345
Jul 14, 2003, 07:18 PM

does anyone know if you can trade in a imac. And then take the money from waht you imac is worth to buy a powerbook? Or is it easier to try to sell my imac then buy a powerbook.

~Thanks

pathman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2003, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by ryanbrown345:
does anyone know if you can trade in a imac. And then take the money from waht you imac is worth to buy a powerbook? Or is it easier to try to sell my imac then buy a powerbook.

~Thanks

You can trade it in at places like Powermax, but you won't get nearly as much as if you try to sell it yourself either privately or on Ebay.

It's just like trading in your car at the dealership vs. selling it on your own...you'll get much more selling on your own, but it will take more work on your part.

Azzgunther
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 21, 2003, 02:03 AM

Truth.

I got an 83% return on my one-year old iMac 800 mhz Flat Panel system using EBAY.

If you have some good feedback and knowledge of EBAY already, or a friend who can sell it for you, I'd recommend using that route. There's more money in it for you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules