Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > O'Reilly smears dead man

O'Reilly smears dead man
moodymonster
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2006, 04:12 AM

For my trouble, I was smeared twice by the Syracuse Post-Standard. The villains at that paper are publisher Stephen Rogers and editorial writer Mark Libbon. These men are not only unprofessional, they are incompetent.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192996,00.html - dated Tuesday, April 25, 2006

pic link to screengrab of fox showing dead guy's face: http://www.sweetjesusihatebilloreill...ve/042706.html

Steve Rogers worked at the job he loved almost to the end. He was stricken as he was leaving for work, and died a week later on Nov. 12, 2002, at the age of 90.
from bio of Stephen Rogers: http://www.syracusepressclub.org/Wall/wall-rogers.html

So they're unprofessional and incompetent, but O'Reilly is the one bad mouthing a dead man without realising the guy's been dead for years.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2006, 10:24 AM

The bastard's never been much for letting facts and research get in the way of his rants.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2006, 10:29 AM

Wait -- we can't speak ill of the dead? What about the Reagan thread so many of you masturbated in?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2006, 10:40 AM

^^not really on topic. We're not talking about Reagan.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 28, 2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by moodymonster
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192996,00.html - dated Tuesday, April 25, 2006

pic link to screengrab of fox showing dead guy's face: http://www.sweetjesusihatebilloreill...ve/042706.html

from bio of Stephen Rogers: http://www.syracusepressclub.org/Wall/wall-rogers.html

So they're unprofessional and incompetent, but O'Reilly is the one bad mouthing a dead man without realising the guy's been dead for years.
Actually, looking at today's issue of the Post-Standard, page 8 of section A lists:

Stephen Rogers, President (1912-2002)
Stephen A. Rogers, Editor and Publisher

Stephen A. Rogers is the current publisher of The Post-Standard. The old man did indeed die in 2002. I think O'reilly more than likely was refering to the kid.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Timo
^^not really on topic. We're not talking about Reagan.
[notsurprised] Double standard. [/notsurprised]

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2006, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Actually, looking at today's issue of the Post-Standard, page 8 of section A lists:

Stephen Rogers, President (1912-2002)
Stephen A. Rogers, Editor and Publisher

Stephen A. Rogers is the current publisher of The Post-Standard. The old man did indeed die in 2002. I think O'reilly more than likely was refering to the kid.
yeah, but if you check the pic in the screengrab and the pic on the guy's bio - they're the same.

fox :http://www.sweetjesusihatebilloreill...ve/042706.html

bio: http://www.syracusepressclub.org/Wall/wall-rogers.html

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
[notsurprised] Double standard. [/notsurprised]
[notsurprised]Trolling.[/notsurprised]

I don't recall the Reagan thread, but it seems to me that discussing one of the most important American political leaders of the past century is somewhat different than a TV host calling some old dead guy he didn't like a "villain," "unprofessional" and "incompetent."
( Last edited by Chuckit; Apr 28, 2006 at 04:02 PM. )
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

moodymonster  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2006, 01:38 PM

Then a couple of weeks ago, I traveled to Syracuse, New York to give a speech in support of the Boy Scouts, who had been thrown off the campus of Syracuse University after the ACLU complained.

For my trouble, I was smeared twice by the Syracuse Post-Standard. The villains at that paper are publisher Stephen Rogers and editorial writer Mark Libbon. These men are not only unprofessional, they are incompetent.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192996,00.html - original O'Reilly article

I think he's upset about something they wrote about him - and put their pics on TV and said they were unprofessional and incompetent.

I just found it ironic that he is calling someone else unprofessional and while attacking them, he himself makes an error by using the photo of a man who couldn't have been involved because he's been dead for several years.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 28, 2006, 01:40 PM

Okay, someone posted the wrong picture on his show, but that doesn't change the fact that the issue is with Steve Jr., not the old dead guy. I'm no fan of Bill O'Reilly, I don't think I have ever watched more than a few minutes of his show, but this "O'Reilly smears dead man" **** is innaccurate and I have pointed that out on every website I've seen this posted (4 so far today).

Surpisingly, no one seems to keen to acknowlege that O'Reilly smeared a living breathing editor, prefering to stay with the sensationalistic story. I'm sure this isn't the first time a production crew used the wrong graphic, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Nemo me impune lacesset

baw
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2006, 01:43 PM

Yawn. Someone used the wrong pic. Move along.

NYCFarmboy
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
Wait -- we can't speak ill of the dead? What about the Reagan thread so many of you masturbated in?

hit the nail on the head... yet again.

Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2006, 03:52 PM

Phew! I thought the title was referring to another OReilly masturbation contoversy...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2006, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Okay, someone posted the wrong picture on his show, but that doesn't change the fact that the issue is with Steve Jr., not the old dead guy. I'm no fan of Bill O'Reilly, I don't think I have ever watched more than a few minutes of his show, but this "O'Reilly smears dead man" **** is innaccurate and I have pointed that out on every website I've seen this posted (4 so far today).
All pointing out that he showed the wrong guy proves is that he inaccurately smeared a dead man.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Monique
Mac Elite
May 1, 2006, 02:50 PM

He is offensive; I saw an excerpt where he said that plantations were a good thing, that was very efficient.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2006, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
He is offensive; I saw an excerpt where he said that plantations were a good thing, that was very efficient.
Monique, if he really said that then it would've been all over every news program on every channel within 20 minutes. The fact that the liberal talking heads haven't been gagging themselves in a furor is proof that this is either inaccurate, ridiculously taken out of context, or something that you've made up in the midst of an anti-conservative crusade.

Forum Links
Forum Rules