Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Good Documentation (document-as-you-go) Application?

Good Documentation (document-as-you-go) Application?
Faust
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2008, 01:18 PM

Hello everyone,

do any of you happen to know of an application that allows me to document tasks as I go along working on/figuring out something?
Example: I work on a project and need to do research, implement solutions, experiment, evaluate and want to document each step taken as I go along. Is there an application that makes it easy to do such a thing? Right now, I just use a pencil and paper to write down notes. It would be much nicer to already have these notes written down on the computer to easily convert them into a document sheet.

I hope this is not too stupid a question. I have thought of using something like Writeroom or the default sticky notes that come with the OS, but perhaps there is something more versatile? I am not looking for project management software, but something I can have on screen, next to the applications I use simultaneously. Doesn't have to be freeware. I'll take any suggestions.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Faust

zro
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2008, 03:28 PM

Faust  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2008, 05:23 PM

zro, this seems exactly what I am looking for. Thanks so much. Downloading and testing now.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules