Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > i just got a macbook, hooray :-)

i just got a macbook, hooray :-)
hookem2oo7
Senior User
Oct 15, 2006, 12:42 AM

I found a 2.0 white MacBook on craigslist for $1050. still in the box, purchased on Oct 2...pretty good deal I think . I already popped 2gb of ram in it, and I love it! It is a week 33 machine though, so I'll see if I get the shutdown problems... What do you guys think?

HouseSold
Senior User
Oct 15, 2006, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by hookem2oo7
I found a 2.0 white MacBook on craigslist for $1050. still in the box, purchased on Oct 2...pretty good deal I think . I already popped 2gb of ram in it, and I love it! It is a week 33 machine though, so I'll see if I get the shutdown problems... What do you guys think?
Congrats and enjoy

Your chances are very good for zero problems.

Stay tuned here and post your experiences and questions. You are covered, should there be a glitch.

You might check and see remaining warranty with Apple, in case it's been registered previously, unknown to you.

Cheers

hookem2oo7  (op)
Senior User
Oct 15, 2006, 02:34 AM

i'll definitely post updates...the woman i bought it from gave me the original receipt...Oct 2nd was the purchase date from the Apple Store here in Austin, so I think I'm good to go . I just installed boot camp and a copy of XP i had from back when I was a PC only guy. I was in XP long enough to install the updates, and now i'm back to OS X... I am truly "switched"

acoustix
Oct 15, 2006, 03:32 AM

Congratulations hookem; I have a week 32, so your post was of special interest to me...no problems with RSS so far, just "Speedit" for "Coreduotemp" won't stay installed (a known issue with speedit and Intel) and once I closed the lid after shutting it down and it stayed on and drained the battery to 0% (also experienced by some other folks, apparently you can't close the lid too fast after shutting down)
Lets see what happens...You can see my other posts on the "MacBook Sudden Shutdown" thread...

ChasingApple
Senior User
Oct 15, 2006, 05:38 AM

You don't need to install any utilities, just boot OS X and use your macbook, and enjoy it!
iMac G4 / Macbook

MacDuff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2006, 08:02 AM

Congrats hookem! I'm jealous since mine is still in transit from a shipping checkpoint in Suzhou, China. I'm way too impatient and want my new Macbook yesterday!

hookem2oo7  (op)
Senior User
Oct 15, 2006, 12:32 PM

I have Temperature Monitor installed to give me some system temps (works nicely) as a floating display in the bottom corner of my screen.

What can I use (besides CoreDuoTemp, because it doesnt seem to work right) to display the current clock speed?

Forum Links
Forum Rules