Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Character Palette issue

Character Palette issue
designbc
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2003, 11:15 AM

I posted this question in the OS X forum, but I think I could find the response here:
Sometimes I need to include some special characters in my documents, that's why I activated in System Preferences, International, Character Palette.
When activated, Character Palette shows an icon right close to the Help menu of Finder.
When you go over that icon with the mouse, you can click the option "Show Character Palette", but it doesn't show it. The funny thing is then the option is "Hide Character Palette", which means it is showing the palette somewhere.
Any suggestions?
Now I'm thinking... It used to show the Palette before, but not anymore... maybe since I upgraded to OS X 10.2.4?
Please help!

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2003, 03:39 PM

Do you mean stuff like.... � � � � � ..... etc., etc ?

If so, just open-up Keycaps, all those can be achieved using keyboard shortcuts/commands. For example the " � " is achieved by pressing OPTION + R.

If you're talking about different language charcters (like Japanese text) then I'm not sure how to achieve them short of scanning them or buying foriegn language fonts.

I may be wrong here, but I believe the language fonts available to you under OSX depend on what language version you installed.

MikeM

Forum Links
Forum Rules