Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Final Cut Pro Audio Problems

Final Cut Pro Audio Problems
Jr. Pac-Man
Mar 12, 2000, 02:50 AM

I'm running OS9 on a G4 and I'm having trouble with Final Cut Pro.

I'm not quite sure when it started, but Final Cut just won't make any sound whatsoever. The audio is there - when I print back to video, I hear it, but it just won't play any audio within the application. Does anyone know if this is a known problem, or if I'm just being stupid and haven't activated something obvious?

Thanks in advance...

Rez
Mar 15, 2000, 12:11 PM

Go into your preferences and check the external video setting in the first page. If it is wrong you won't hear your audio.

blahdogg76
Mar 15, 2000, 01:47 PM

Go to the Preferences and see what your "View External Video using:" is set to. If it's set to anything besides None, then taht's where your audio is sent. For example, if you set it to DV, then your audio is sent out over Firewire to your DV device.

jbattistini
Mar 15, 2000, 01:47 PM

This happens to me all the time, but it's not just Final Cut Pro. The audio is gone for the entire MAC.

Kit Pierce
Mar 15, 2000, 02:48 PM

Funny, I've had the same problem G4/450. Seems that audio playback was inhibited in the app while a firewire cable was plugged into the back of the G4. Once I unplugged, there was no problem with the sound whatsoever.

Jr. Pac-Man
Mar 16, 2000, 02:41 AM

Thanks everyone. Yes - Kit was right. I just unplugged the Firewire cable. It's always something as simple as that...

Thanks for the help. I'm up and editing again!

Forum Links
Forum Rules