Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Combining Phoenix & Chimera

Combining Phoenix & Chimera
macmike42
Senior User
Oct 7, 2002, 11:19 PM

I just read a hilarious interpretation of what would happen if the Chimera and Phoenix development teams merged, and I thought I'd share it before I go to bed:
Chimera (Score:2)
by kriegsman on 10-07-02 10:42 PM (#4407728) Alter Relationship
(User #55737 Info | http://slashdot.org/)

The Phoenix README says:

Q8: What about OS X?
Chimera is the top gecko-based browser for OS X.
We do not intend to compete on that platform.

Chimera is here [mozilla.org]. It might be nice to see Chimera and Phoenix share ideas, programmers, resources, and code, but both projects seem to be doing OK so far as separate entities.

Besides, if they merged the projects, they'd have a very confusing animal for a logo: flaming bird with the head of a male lion, the body of a goat, and the tail of a snake: a 'phimera'.

Since the new project would also be Mac OS X -native, they really should also crossbreed this new 'phimera' with Hexley [hexley.com] (the Darwin mascot), a duck-billed platypus with horns. The result would be a horny duck-faced lion with a goatee that lays flaming serpent eggs midair.

I think you can see now the grave importance of keeping these two projects separate.
Why this isn't modded +5 Funny I have no idea. [edit: why does 'oe' sound like 'ee'?...]
"Think Different. Like The Rest Of Us."

iBook G4/1.2GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | Mac OS X 10.4.2
Athlon XP 2500+/1.83GHz | 1GB PC3200 | 120GB | Windows XP

krove
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2002, 03:25 AM

Probably because it's ... umm ... not funny

How did it come to this? Goodbye PowerPC. | sensory output

Forum Links
Forum Rules