Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > SIRO iTunes 4.6 Blue LCD

SIRO iTunes 4.6 Blue LCD
nycdunz
Senior User
Oct 11, 2004, 11:57 PM

can someone please post a hacked version of the newest itunes to match the siro theme, i know theres a thread on how to do this, but I've messed with this numerous times and cannot get it to work, can someone please post this up. I'm sure everyone would be happy! Including the buttons too with the turquoise led underneath em... thanks!

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2004, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by nycdunz:
can someone please post a hacked version of the newest itunes to match the siro theme, i know theres a thread on how to do this, but I've messed with this numerous times and cannot get it to work, can someone please post this up. I'm sure everyone would be happy! Including the buttons too with the turquoise led underneath em... thanks!

Buttons from siMac

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2004, 05:49 AM

The problem with that is that posting modified portions of Apple software is likely to land people in some serious hot water.

If you have Themepark you can mod SIRO with my buttons (see link above) fairly easily, and with a little bit of reading (and HexEdit) it's not too tricky to mod the hex code to change the BG colour of the spectrum analyser. When I first posted that thread I knew as much as you do about hex editing and Themepark, but by the end I had the customised iTunes I wanted.

I wish I could share my mod with you but permission to do so was declined by the author, so all I can do is set you up with some instructions, all of which can be found at the above link.

Happy modding!

Edit: If I get a chance I will post a HexEdit screenshot with the lines you need to change highlighted, keep an eye out.
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2004, 06:29 AM

OK guys, here's some instructions for the hex editing:

The file you need to edit is iTunes>Contents>MacOS>iTunes

Open this file (after backing up!) in hexedit and use the Go To Address command (Cmd-J) to go to the first address of three highlighted in green above (003E6BD0). Then edit the 12 digits highlighted in blue for each of the three addresses. Using the numbers in the image will give you a spectrum analyser like the one below, which matches the LCD brackgound in my SIRO iTunes mod kit:

Note that these numbers are hex colours and hence have four digits per channel for Red, Green and Blue. If you want to use your own colours rather than mine, you can use Digital Colour Meter to find out their hex references.

That's it! Save the file over the original (which is, of course, backed up) and launch iTunes.
( Last edited by siMac; Oct 15, 2004 at 04:41 PM. )

Dave-o�
Senior User
Oct 12, 2004, 11:57 AM

You know siMac it keeps getting easier each time you post the instructions on how to do this mod...

Thanks again!!

nycdunz  (op)
Senior User
Oct 13, 2004, 08:56 PM

siMac, thanks for the screen shot, I did do it correctly all this time, and today when i tried inputting the exact same values as you, it works, but let me post up screen shots of what im talking about, under the spectrum analyzer screen it changed, but to the left and right side still shows the default lcd color... and when you switch to the default view, the whole lcd screen is still the default color, how do we fix this?

itunes lcd screen with spectrum analyzer

default itunes lcd display with name of track, etc

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 14, 2004, 02:25 AM

I've never gone that far, but seems to me you need to edit the LCD Display resources using the ThemePark app skin.

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 05:02 AM

That's right, the LCD background is part of the iTunes.rsrc file and can be themed with ShapeShifter. You can find the modded LCD resources you need along with the alternative iTunes buttons in the thread mentioned above. Mod the SIRO guiKit using Themepark or GuiKitty (instructions in thread).

The hex editing part is only for the spectrum analyser colours because they can't be changed with ShapeShifter.

Edit: Looking at your screenshots again it appears that you aren't using ShapeShifter, in which case you'll have to edit the iTunes.rsrc file manually. I have never done this myself, but instructions for it can be found here.

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2004, 04:10 AM

nycdunz, don't worry. It looks like that only because you aren't using the SIRO theme. Apply siMac's button mod to the SIRO guikit, ShapeShift it, and you will be good2go.

*And a question for the experts: Is it possible to implement that corrected analyzer into the button-modded SIRO .guikit?

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 04:55 AM

'Fraid not, the colours for the spectrum analyser are hard-coded into the iTunes app and not resource based so can't be changed with Shapeshifter.

Aluminum
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2004, 05:42 AM

oh sniiiizap, siro spectrumization siMac for president
15.2" Al/1.25ghz/1gig/Superdrive/80(5400)

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2004, 05:54 AM

Originally posted by Aluminum:
oh sniiiizap, siro spectrumization siMac for president
Symptoms of Siro Hype

Aluminum
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2004, 06:11 AM

oh gerit, just because I choose Siro over your Plaster mod, now now now Siro mod and Plaster AGV are the only two themes I really use anymore.
15.2" Al/1.25ghz/1gig/Superdrive/80(5400)

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2004, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by siMac:
'Fraid not, the colours for the spectrum analyser are hard-coded into the iTunes app and not resource based so can't be changed with Shapeshifter.
I didn't say that the Spectrum Analyzer color would changeby using SS, I said the area around the spec analyzer wasn't blue because he wasn't using SIRO.

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2004, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by Banghazi:
And a question for the experts: Is it possible to implement that corrected analyzer into the button-modded SIRO .guikit?

Clearer?

Banghazi
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 17, 2004, 02:59 AM

yes!

(heheh oops)

Forum Links
Forum Rules