Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > my macbook track pad is sticky

my macbook track pad is sticky
memais
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2010, 01:29 AM

Ok, so I'm not sure what the deal is, but my trackpad works perfectly fine when I'm at home or in my office but once I'm in the teacher's office, where there are other computers around... my trackpad is very sticky, unresponsive and it kind of goes bonkers.. I don't get it. are there magnetic waves? I don't know... it's just very strange.

For example, if I try to scroll down with two fingers it's fine but when I wanna go somewhere and use one finger to close a window or click on something it doesn't go or do what I want it to. It's as if it's stuck.. and it only happens at my school, in the teacher's lounge? weird...right? what could be the problem? It's really annoying because I have to be in this room 2 days out of the week, it's not that long but annoying enough. Help!!

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2010, 04:12 PM

Is it plugged into AC when this happens? Try running on battery, see if it happens. This is usually an earthing issue. Also try earthing yourself on a radiator before you touch the pad. Static build up can cause similar effects. It could be the combination of floor/chair/shoes is causing excessive buildup of charge on you.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chinasaur
Senior User
Jul 6, 2010, 06:47 PM

Since it only happens in the "teachers office/lounge", it could be YOU that's the issue. Don't like being in the office / lounge? Maybe your aversion to these places is manifesting itself in what you perceive as a glitch in the hardware vs your wetware?

Tell me, what does the Sea remind you of?
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules