Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier (Page 8)
mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
And one more: Does Bob have any powers? If so, what are they? Or does he have them and we just haven't been told. Cause there were a few times in this episode and others where Noah could have over powered him man-to-man. I just can't seem to remember why Bob is where he is and has so much power over people, cause I can't remember him having any specific power.
Bob can turn objects into gold.
He used them when we were first introduced to him; when Mohinder first met him at that conference. He turned the spoon into gold.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
What happened to Peter's girlfriend? If by stopping the virus the future him and her travelled to (virus infected one) doesn't exist, so she just got blinked out of existence?
Good question. They brought it up during the episode, with Adam saying to Peter something like "don't you want to save her, we've got to destroy the virus." Then Peter says nothing else about her the rest of the episode. WTF?

Rumor
Dec 4, 2007, 08:45 PM

So why was this season less than half of season 1? Last year, they had the break, then continued season one with like ~10 more episodes. But this is obviously the end, because they ended with END OF VOLUME 2 and VOLUME 3 (which was a kind of lame opening, Sylar shooting up the blood.) Duh, we knew he was going to do that, at least last years we got to see that Hiro went back to Japan and was about to be attacked. A little different.

This episode was just OK. It wasn't horrible, but I didn't feel like it had the same level of excitement that a Heroes episode should have (the finale, no less).

Just a minor thing that was really bugging me: with the black girl from New Orleans (sorry, can't remember her name...) it seems really strange that the "thugs" would find and empty warehouse, get massive amounts of gasoline, and burn down a whole place in broad daylight rather than just pop a bullet in her head and call it a day. And also, wasn't it nighttime when they found her, then daytime when she was tied to the bulding? So they waited an entire day just holding her (assuming they didn't do anything else) just to burn her the next day to "show her who she's messing with?" That seems to mafia-ish rather than what (I would imagine) people would do in an actual situation like that.

And one more: Does Bob have any powers? If so, what are they? Or does he have them and we just haven't been told. Cause there were a few times in this episode and others where Noah could have over powered him man-to-man. I just can't seem to remember why Bob is where he is and has so much power over people, cause I can't remember him having any specific power.
Bob can turn metal into gold. If was one of the first things his character did when introduced.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2007, 08:47 PM

Bob can turn objects into gold.
He used them when we were first introduced to him; when Mohinder first met him at that conference. He turned the spoon into gold.
That's what my friend told me, but I couldn't remember that scene for the life of me and he couldn't remember where he saw it. Now that you sorta described it, I do vaguely remember him doing that. Weird they only showed him use his powers one time and then never again?

That still leaves the question, why didn't Noah just kick his ass? Unless Bob could turn Noah into gold or something like that?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 08:51 PM

Bob's power is that he can turn any object into gold. That's why the company has endless resources. His power was shown in the season 2 premiere when he was trying to convince Mohinder to work for the company. He turned a spoon into gold.

The season finale was a letdown (what Heroes finale isn't) but I did like Sylar's tribute to Popeye at the very end.
( Last edited by Stogieman; Dec 4, 2007 at 08:59 PM. )

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Dec 4, 2007, 09:13 PM

Bob's power is alchemy. He can turn anything into gold.

And about Peter's girlfriend...I would think she was "blinked" out of existence, since here timeline and world no longer exists... Unless she found a shard of the M'Kraan Crystal, and was able to get back to our timeline.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2007, 09:15 PM

Could anyone tell me what Bob's powers are ?

Haha, j/k.

What I don't get is this: if he has unlimited funds, why does he even bother to bread superpower people ? I'd just buy up everything and be the perfect capitalist.

-t

lavar78
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 10:26 PM

While I enjoyed Hiro burying Adam alive, I still think he should've left him in space somehow. Then he'd be dying and coming back to life for all eternity.

Anyway, I think the regenerators can come back from a blow to the head (provided something like the shard of glass isn't still lodged in it), but they can't come back from being decapitated. That was my take.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 10:32 PM

I don't like how Hiro was all for killing him and then has a change of heart. Hiro should've traveled to the very last minute of the universe, left Adam there, and then came back.
Oooooo thats a good one. Or how about 50 million years back. Let him get eaten by a Dino. Or just at the start of the universe. A few billion years to cool off.

Then again, if they did that, Adam would probably end up being Jesus or something. Which would fit into the 'horrible plot twists' which seem so common in this show.

I hope volume three steps things up a bit or Heroes is going to lose the last of its fan base.

(Plus good lord. How dumb is Peter. Really. Does he absorb dumbness from people around him? If so, stop hanging out with Parkman.)

lavar78
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
I hope volume three steps things up a bit or Heroes is going to lose the last of its fan base.
Eh, I think a lot of my fellow comic-book fans will still be here. Suspension of disbelief is our collective super power.

(Plus good lord. How dumb is Peter. Really. Does he absorb dumbness from people around him? If so, stop hanging out with Parkman.)
Hey, no talking about Parkman! He's my favorite. When Nathan was being shot, I was mainly happy Matt didn't get hit.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 12:29 AM

Heh. I suggested that the dying-and-coming-back-to-life thing was irritating early and was told it didn't take away from the show because it's a sci-fi/fantasy type show. And now, everyone's complaining about it.

Anyways, I'm just wondering how he got him into the coffin. I guess he could just stop time and do that, but why not just cut his head off then? I think that would have been cooler to see than him in a coffin.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2007, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Anyways, I'm just wondering how he got him into the coffin. I guess he could just stop time and do that, but why not just cut his head off then? I think that would have been cooler to see than him in a coffin.
Or better yet drop him off with the Dinosaurs and see if he can live 150 million years with them chomping on him.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 01:37 PM

Oooooo thats a good one. Or how about 50 million years back. Let him get eaten by a Dino. Or just at the start of the universe. A few billion years to cool off.
Initially I thought of Hiro traveling way back to the age of dinosaurs because in Season 1 we saw a picture of Hiro vs. a dinosaur, but then I figured that Adam is invincible so he'd probably figure some way of hiding out from the big dinosaurs and live all the way up to the present time.

And yes, Peter is dumb. He's met Claire and Adam so his blood would have easily been able to save Nathan. I'm sure he could find something around him that he could use to cut himself, and then drip some blood into Nathan, thus saving his brothers life.
Hell, he could've just taken a gun and shot himself in the arm if he couldn't find broken glass or a knife.

Come to think of it, that would've been awesome if he grabbed a cop's gun, shot himself in the arm and used that blood to save his brother. A few seconds later their bullets would emerge out of their bodies and they could finish the press conference.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2007, 01:41 PM

Initially I thought of Hiro traveling way back to the age of dinosaurs because in Season 1 we saw a picture of Hiro vs. a dinosaur, but then I figured that Adam is invincible so he'd probably figure some way of hiding out from the big dinosaurs and live all the way up to the present time.

And yes, Peter is dumb. He's met Claire and Adam so his blood would have easily been able to save Nathan. I'm sure he could find something around him that he could use to cut himself, and then drip some blood into Nathan, thus saving his brothers life.
Hell, he could've just taken a gun and shot himself in the arm if he couldn't find broken glass or a knife.
Ya but 150 million years later he would probably be completely nuts.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 01:43 PM

Then he could really be Adam.

They could write it in that he fathered the human race. . . and thus was his own great^10 grandfather (like Fry)

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 01:51 PM

Except then he would have given us all regenerative powers.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2007, 03:24 PM

Not necessarily.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Could anyone tell me what Bob's powers are ?

-t
Since no one else will, I'll tell you:

(drum roll, please)

ahem...

Bob's power is that he

can

turn

things

into

GOLD!!11!
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2007, 03:38 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but that was the opposite of funny.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2007, 03:57 PM

Then he could really be Adam.

They could write it in that he fathered the human race. . . and thus was his own great^10 grandfather (like Fry)
THat would at least be more interesting.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2007, 05:43 PM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but that was the opposite of funny.
That's not bad news.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Except then he would have given us all regenerative powers.
Powers are not inherited in the Heroes universe, as proven by the fact that Claire can't fly or shoot fire from her hands.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2007, 12:13 AM

Just a minor thing that was really bugging me: with the black girl from New Orleans (sorry, can't remember her name...) it seems really strange that the "thugs" would find and empty warehouse, get massive amounts of gasoline, and burn down a whole place in broad daylight rather than just pop a bullet in her head and call it a day. And also, wasn't it nighttime when they found her, then daytime when she was tied to the bulding? So they waited an entire day just holding her (assuming they didn't do anything else) just to burn her the next day to "show her who she's messing with?" That seems to mafia-ish rather than what (I would imagine) people would do in an actual situation like that.
Their entrance dialog was about them being arsonists. They were going to burn that building anyway.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Powers are not inherited in the Heroes universe, as proven by the fact that Claire can't fly or shoot fire from her hands.
...That we know of...

Seriously though, there seems to be a "mutant gene," even if specific powers are not heritable (except for/from parkmans).

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
...That we know of...

Seriously though, there seems to be a "mutant gene," even if specific powers are not heritable (except for/from parkmans).
How many times have we gone over this. Heroes is NOT X-men. X-men has Wolverine. Heroes does not. Point and case.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2007, 11:27 AM

But there is lots of overlap/copying, and the familial aspect clearly qualifies. The very first scene was Prof. Whatshisname talking about DNA, wasn't it?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 6, 2007, 11:39 AM

Yeah, anyone who doesn't see the parallels between the two hasn't seen much X-Men.

On a different note, can anyone explain to me the strange facial gesticulations that Milo makes when his character is supposed to be upset? His mouth goes into a really strange shape. WTF.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2007, 12:15 PM

In defense of Heroes, when you're doing a story about something like this, these are really inevitable directions. Sooner or later you have to see with the stuff that X-Men did first and Heroes is doing now. It's a natural progression of stories about people...
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2007, 01:14 PM

I wasn't complaining, I just needed a word for it, and X-Men provided.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 7, 2007, 12:21 PM

How many times have we gone over this. Heroes is NOT X-men. X-men has Wolverine. Heroes does not. Point and case.
I feel like this is a joke. But people aren't taking it as such.

FWIW, I liked the finale. I like how Hiro dealt with Adam.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
May 5, 2008, 05:19 PM

Well, I finally got into the Heroes show, and downloaded and watched all episodes up to Season 2 episode 11. Now we wait for the new season.

I like the show, except, they keep bringing in new characters and when you think they have killed off the some of the old ones for the new ones that are coming in, they old ones reappear.

But the real problem is that NO one is ever consistent for more than 10 minutes. They are constantly turning on each other. No one seems to ever think about the consequences of their actions.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 5, 2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
But the real problem is that NO one is ever consistent for more than 10 minutes. They are constantly turning on each other. No one seems to ever think about the consequences of their actions.
Other than Mohinder, who's an idiot, I haven't really noticed this inconsistency.
Chuck
___

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
May 5, 2008, 05:29 PM

I guess you have to watch all of them one right after another to see what I'm talking about.

Rumor
Sep 22, 2008, 07:04 PM

Tonight is the night. Season 3 premieres with an emphasis on villains.

Season 2 was a bust due to the writers strike. I am crossing my fingers that season three goes off well.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Cold Warrior
Sep 22, 2008, 07:12 PM

TV Forecast only shows 'clip show', but your post made me double-check at epguides and I see two real episodes tonight, back to back. Very nice. I hope it beats the horrible 2nd season.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2008, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Tonight is the night. Season 3 premieres with an emphasis on villains.

Season 2 was a bust due to the writers strike. I am crossing my fingers that season three goes off well.
Na it was a bust from the start of season 2.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2008, 11:29 PM

I was very much impressed with it except for BrundleMohinder.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2008, 02:21 AM

Spoilers below!

It was good enough to sell me on continuing to watch. I'm not sure what power Future Peter could have used to put his past self's consciousness into the body of a villain. I don't see how Nicki could have survived or gained that new power. I am hoping the "Proud Family" doesn't come back. At this point they're going to have to kill off a major character at the end of this season or wrap up the show entirely in order to maintain credibility.

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 02:35 AM

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2008, 04:39 AM

After having seen the "What would have happened" features on the S2 DVD, I'm sorry last season didn't get a chance to prove itself. I feel like the creators kind of freaked out after the chilly reaction to season 2 (which would have been much better if they'd finished it) and have now gone overboard in the opposite direction, cramming way too much into two hours of show time. The best episode of season 1 was "Company Man," which focused entirely on four characters and mostly one set. If you're telling a decent story, you don't need to jump from Peter to Claire to Parkman to Mohinder to Peter to Angela to Nathan to Mohinder to Claire…
Chuck
___

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Sep 23, 2008, 08:44 AM

Overall, the premiere was just OK. The comic book fanboy in me is still excited, but I am getting tired of how incredibly stupid everyone acts. The only characters with any real smarts are Sylar, HRG, and possibly Mrs. Petrelli.

Mohinder is quite possibly the dumbest "genius" on TV. Even dumber than those guys from "The Big Bang Theory."

Eug
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Na it was a bust from the start of season 2.
Agreed. Well, a bust starting with the season finale of season 1.

And I'd wish they'd really kill somebody. This killing them but they magically superheroishly come back to life somehow even when killed by another superhero is getting rather tiresome.

Actually, if they got rid of the whole show and just made it "Hiro's" I'd be much happier. Hiro's antics aren't perfect either, but at least it has some humour in it to make up for its other deficiencies.
( Last edited by Eug; Sep 23, 2008 at 09:52 AM. )

scottiB
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
And I'd wish they'd really kill somebody. This killing them but they magically superheroishly come back to life somehow even when killed by another superhero is getting rather tiresome.
Agreed. I can't really invest in the welfare of the characters if they are never in peril.

The show excels in mediocrity, but that's better than half the shows out there. I'll keep watching.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 01:56 PM

Please tell me this season doesn't involve some horrible future that they preview and the rest of the season is spent trying to avoid it from happening. I am so sick of that time travel reset button trick that star Trek is infamous for as it makes everything have no value or meaning as you know from the start it is all going to get erased and anything cool that happened never really happened at all.

Yawn.

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 01:59 PM

Okay, then it doesn't.

Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 05:05 PM

Wow, Season 3 sucks thus far. I have absolutely no desire to find out what happens. They crossed the line of convolution. I have n idea were in time they are in relation to Season 2, what the hell happened to half the characters, and above all WHERE THE FSCK is that internet girl from Season 1!??! (y'know the one, introduced for 5 minutes and never again brough back)

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Wow, Season 3 sucks thus far. I have absolutely no desire to find out what happens. They crossed the line of convolution. I have n idea were in time they are in relation to Season 2, what the hell happened to half the characters, and above all WHERE THE FSCK is that internet girl from Season 1!??! (y'know the one, introduced for 5 minutes and never again brough back)
In the Heroes online comic she is killed off destroying a 'Company' satellite in space.

Yes, she travels into space. Then dies.

So thats where she went. A couple of appearances on the tv show and then death in an online comic.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Please tell me this season doesn't involve some horrible future that they preview and the rest of the season is spent trying to avoid it from happening. I am so sick of that time travel reset button trick that star Trek is infamous for as it makes everything have no value or meaning as you know from the start it is all going to get erased and anything cool that happened never really happened at all.

Yawn.
This one kindasorta inverts it.

Last season was also supposed to really avoid it, but they switched the ending when the strike started and it wound up working exactly like season 1. Originally, Peter was going to fail to stop the virus and Maya was going to have to use her virus powers to combat it.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Sep 23, 2008 at 07:01 PM. )
Chuck
___

lavar78
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
Overall, the premiere was just OK. The comic book fanboy in me is still excited, but I am getting tired of how incredibly stupid everyone acts. The only characters with any real smarts are Sylar, HRG, and possibly Mrs. Petrelli.
I like that most of them are (realistically) stupid. If Peter and Hiro were actually smart, they'd be virtually unstoppable... and I'm not sure if I need the "virtually."

Cold Warrior
Sep 23, 2008, 08:57 PM

I thought the premiere was more entertaining than most of season two combined. However I'm not impressed with

Seems like a soap opera contrivance.

Also Peter is the victim of helplessness yet again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules