Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Disk Images

Disk Images
shalom777
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2001, 08:56 PM

I have a Disk Image that suddenly decided to go sour. Is there any way to get it back? Is there any other programs beside Disk Copy that will open them?

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2001, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by shalom777:
I have a Disk Image that suddenly decided to go sour. Is there any way to get it back? Is there any other programs beside Disk Copy that will open them?
You can try Aladdin's ShrinkWrap... i don't know if it will be able to do any repair to it, but you can try... You should make a copy of the image and then try some of the manipulations... one thing might be trying to convert the disk image (using shrinkwrap) to another size...
just a thought...
dave

Treky
Mar 7, 2001, 10:28 PM

Disk First Aid works on RAM disks and Disk Images.

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2001, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by Treky:
Disk First Aid works on RAM disks and Disk Images.
I believe disk first aid would only be able to verify it if shalom777 was able to mount it... shalom, can you mount the disk image? If your disk image is read only, then disk copy will only be able to verify it... if it is a read/write image, then you will be able to verify and repair it... but again, this is under then premise that you are able to mount the image...
good luck
dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules