Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Free Long Distance phone calls??

Free Long Distance phone calls??
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2003, 08:22 AM

I remember a long time ago, reading or seeing something on TV about being able to make phone calls through the internet... Anyways, now I have a reason to make international phone calls... but I don't feel like paying the rate to call south korea from canada...

So, was I just dreaming??

Or is this for real? Or have they made it cost money?

hehe.. just a side comment, I have been trolling the forums at work on a crappy pc, with a crt... and now I am scrolling from home, on safari with an lcd... holly crap batman, the difference is startling

MPC
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2003, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by 11011001:
I remember a long time ago, reading or seeing something on TV about being able to make phone calls through the internet... Anyways, now I have a reason to make international phone calls... but I don't feel like paying the rate to call south korea from canada...

So, was I just dreaming??

Or is this for real? Or have they made it cost money?

hehe.. just a side comment, I have been trolling the forums at work on a crappy pc, with a crt... and now I am scrolling from home, on safari with an lcd... holly crap batman, the difference is startling
I remember a unit that would plug into your computer and phone that would allow this. The fee was 2.99 per month or something similar. The people one the other end wouldn't know you weren't on a normal phone. That's about all I know. You might want to search google for "voice over ip" or "IP Telephony". Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules