Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ever been beaten up?

Ever been beaten up? (Page 4)
IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 10, 2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
I got sucker punched in Fort. Erie (Canada) when a bunch of idiotic underaged drinking americans, (who can't handle their alcohol) started with me and my friends out front of a strip club.

They learned their lesson though as a car door happened to be kicked shut on one of their hands, causing it to um...

You can figure out the rest.
Damn Americans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4W-gMrcANE
(NSFW language)
ice

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
The worst kind of break-up sex.
Just so that you are aware, I have reported your post.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2008, 10:23 AM

(re: ice video) oh yeah, that makes us look good. heh, they had the right though

calverson
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2008, 10:24 AM

Just so that you are aware, 90% of people living in France get anal pleasure out of ratting people out.

Fact.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2008, 10:35 AM

Bye bye calverson.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Dec 10, 2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Bye bye calverson.
Why bye bye? A single infraction wouldn't typically be enough for a ban.

Tiresias
Dec 10, 2008, 10:48 AM

I was head-butted by a very large and very drunk man at a bar once. Reason: I accidentally knocked over his beer while acting out a story for someone. I promised to buy him a new one, but then got waylaid at the bar talking to someone and he didn't like waiting. No, he didn't like it at all.

Had a bump on my head the size of a tennis ball.

Then I started crying. I am not ashamed to admit that for the excellent reason that this text is white.

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Dec 10, 2008, 12:40 PM

Fighting was a fact of life growing up in my neighborhood in the 70s. I've been involved in countless fights as a young teenager all the way up to joining the service, where fighting for fun stopped from that time forward. Mostly I gave it out, and even now 30 years later think about those who took a beating for our amusement with regret. Sometimes I was on the receiving end though.

I remember being 16 and a guy who was a local badass and in the USMC at the time grabbed me and wanted me to dime on a friend(who was standing nearby). That was by far the worst beating I've ever seen or been apart of. With military boots this guy beat and kicked me into a spoked hubcapped while the snow around turned red. He complemented me on taking a beating. My friend was scared more than I was and was yelling "Tell him Mikey did it". I couldn't feel anything and just started swearing at the guy and telling him he was a p***y and couldn't punch for s**t. He ended up walking away. The black and blue bruises made me look like a raccoon for some time.

Another time my friends and I were doing something with a guys car we shouldn't have been doing. The owner came out of nowhere and the chase was on. I had slippery sneakers on and couldn't gain traction in the snow. He caught me and inflicted another severe one. Funny thing is he then took me into his office and sat me down for his whole office staff to look at. He then took me to the police station and explained he wanted me arrested. The cop took the guy around the corner where I heard him blasting the guy out for the apparent wailing the guy gave me. the cop chewed me out and I was on my way.

One time I was completely innocent - where I was walking down the street and two guys approached me, one was giving the heads up like "hey, you got a cigarette?" He then hit me with a shot that sent me right down. I bolted back to my work, and the cops came since I needed a ride to get stitched up. The cop was a friend and on his radio a call for a all cars respond to suspects who were n pursuit came in. He asked if I minded the extra ride, I said no problem. We found the guys running over a hill, and I was left in the back seat while the friend and his partner jumped into the chase. After awhile another cop car pulls up behind the car I'm in. The cop looked in saw me, and thought I was one of the suspects. Makes sense, I'm in the back of the car, and I have a cut and blood on the side of my face. A crowd is gathering around, including people I know, and the cop grabbed me and started threatening what he was going to do to me. When I tried to explain he cut me off. Finally my friend came down the hill scared at the scene which was about to take place and jumped in to explain.

That was a close double whammy beating.

It all depends on where you live and what the accepted norm is. In some places if you didn't beat you got beat. Glad I no live where I do, and my son will never know different while he's growing up.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2008, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
One time I was completely innocent
lol. Don't use that phrase when telling your son about your past history !!!

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Calverson
I thought it was quiet around here.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2008, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
I thought it was quiet around here.
Two weeks?

Good. I reported him when he said some really inappropriate and nasty things to Shifuimam in a thread a few weeks back and am glad to see the mods cracked down on for his comment to Monique. Regardless of what you (collectively) think of Monique what he said to her was not acceptable under any circumstances.

Thanks mods to whoever dropped the hammer on Calverson. feel free to delete this post if it proves to be too much of a derail.
( Last edited by dcmacdaddy; Dec 10, 2008 at 06:24 PM. )
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Tiresias
Dec 11, 2008, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
Damn Americans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4W-gMrcANE
(NSFW language)
How sad. Obviously just bored. Nothing better to do but harass their middle-aged neighbors.

What if that old dude had been a nut-job and come busting out of his apartment with a sawn-off shotgun? It happens.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 11, 2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Homo Loquens View Post
What if that old dude had been a nut-job and come busting out of his apartment with a sawn-off shotgun? Jawbone would do it..
Fixed.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 12, 2008, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Homo Loquens View Post
How sad. Obviously just bored. Nothing better to do but harass their middle-aged neighbors.

What if that old dude had been a nut-job and come busting out of his apartment with a sawn-off shotgun? It happens.
actually, if you listened to the video. The lady canadian started it. the americans were just filming them selves in the hall and passed the lady, and the lady went ape because she got caught on camera as the guys passed her.

Thing2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
Heh, that actually sounds like fun.
Yes. Lets try.

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2009, 03:12 PM

Pro boxer. Ouch. I was still standing though, and even landed some shots.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2009, 04:47 PM

the boxer was either not very pro, or he was seriously holding back, or it was a publicity stunt.

design219  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2009, 05:01 PM

Or maybe maxintosh is really a bruiser.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
the boxer was either not very pro, or he was seriously holding back, or it was a publicity stunt.
I'm trained at competitive amateur level, and it was during a sparring session. Details...

My face was still pretty sore though

Forum Links
Forum Rules