Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Wireless connection

Wireless connection
harperlee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2004, 02:01 PM

If this has been answered previously, please direct me in the right direction...My wireless access has worked perfectly at work until last week. Since then, I still get a very strong connection signal, but when I open up a browser I get an error message stating that the server connection is a bust.

Any ideas? My IT dept. said that they cannot find anything wrong with the set up. But, maybe my wireless card is going belly-up. I find it interesting that my Thinkpad internal wireless works just fine...

Thanks!

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 15, 2004, 04:04 PM

Install any updates lately? Sometimes OS and driver updates "break" things by returning settings to their default values.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

harperlee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2004, 04:07 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did the last security update at the beginning of last week. do you think that could have tweaked something? how would I go about uninstalling the update? Thanks!

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 15, 2004, 06:26 PM

The 2004-12-02 security update included some updates for Safari. See if you are having the same problem with Internet Explorer or even Firefox (try it-I like it much better than Safari!). Trying the same sites with a different browser will tell you if the update is what caused the problem.

As to what it changed, check out this Apple knowledgebase article. It doesn't seem to offer a way to reverse the update, but seeing what they patched, you probably don't want to anyway.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules