Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > titan quest

titan quest
mr. burns
Senior User
Aug 3, 2009, 04:45 AM

if you enjoyed the diablo series at all, you will probably really like this game. made by some of the people involved with age of empires. you start in greece but travel to egypt, the orient and some sort of spirit world or land of the dead in the expansion. $20 for the game + expansion. windows only, but i see threads about console and pc games on here so i didn't think it'd matter.

good story, decently voice acted, cool gear, 3 difficulty levels, 45 potential character classes [9 masteries and you're able to focus on 1 or 2, which defines what class you become]. very good warm up for diablo III, whenever blizzard decide to release it.

only downside is that the developers have closed shop and the game is no longer supported, but the community is pretty active on forums and have created some fan-made patches to take care of a few minor bugs. i haven't experienced any problems, though, so i've felt no need to even use them. the multiplayer part of the game also seems like an afterthought, but it's good enough for coop play with your friends. there's just no cheat regulation or lobby area, like in diablo, and games are hosted by the players' computer not a dedicated one. so it's more like open battlenet in that respect.

here's a little gameplay video i made recently with my melee character. i look like a pirate because i'm using some goofy armor from a secret easter egg type area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vLEm-kIgfE

not all who wander are lost.

Forum Links
Forum Rules