Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Cops Gone Wild

Cops Gone Wild
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
May 14, 2018, 08:20 PM

Didn't feel like digging up the old thread, here's a new one for all the ridiculous bad behavior they do.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/mi...raint-10332957
Hours after Miami Police Officer Mario Figueroa was charged with misdemeanor assault today after film surfaced of the cop trying to kick a handcuffed man in the head, the city's police union released a doozy of a statement defending Figueroa and insisting he hadn't broken the law or department policy.

According to the police union, Figueroa's attempted face-punting was, in fact, a "de-escalation technique" that proved Figueroa "showed great restraint." You read that right.

"While some have characterized this as police brutality, it couldn’t be farther from the truth," newly minted union president Edward Lugo, who once nearly lost his job after getting caught in a 2009 FBI sting, wrote in a multiparagraph letter this afternoon. "The only thing brutal about this entire incident is the suspect that endangered the lives of the community in which our Miami Police officers risked their lives to take this dangerous man off the streets. From the onset, the media stated that Officer Figueroa had kicked the suspect on the head."

Thorzdad
May 14, 2018, 10:04 PM

De-escalate, verb dē-ˈes-kə-ˌlāt
1. To refrain from shooting a handcuffed civilian.

reader50
Administrator
May 14, 2018, 10:27 PM

Kicking unsuccessfully = restraint.

I need to hunt up the video. To see if he tried for the head, because the suspect covered up his nuts too well.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 14, 2018, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
De-escalate, verb dē-ˈes-kə-ˌlāt
1. To refrain from shooting a handcuffed civilian.
Jesus, that's really on the nose.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 24, 2018, 08:00 PM

I'd love for someone to explain why the cop didn't issue the ticket and move on. BTW I actually watched the video up to the tasing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8157c5ba4f20
Timothy Gauerke told the Journal Sentinel. Brown was initially arrested on a possible misdemeanor charge of resisting or obstructing an officer, but police officials did not refer the case to prosecutors after an internal review that included viewing the body camera footage.
The body-camera footage shows an officer asking Brown, who is outside the store, to produce his license. The discussion between the officer and player quickly becomes tense with the officer saying, “These are simple questions, and you’re being all bad-a– to me.”
An officer can be heard shortly thereafter yelling at Brown, “Take your hands out of your pockets, now!” He says that he has “stuff” in his pockets as several officers close in and take him to the ground, at which point one shouts, “Taser! Taser! Taser!” Brown can then be heard groaning as handcuffs are placed on him.
The police report from the incident said that Brown refused to step back from an officer who saw a vehicle parked across the handicapped spots, and “became very aggressive.” Brown “physically resisted officers attempts to handcuff him and he was taken to the ground in a controlled manner,” the police reports said, according to WISN. A stun gun was eventually used “to get Brown in control with handcuffs,” according to the report. Then-police chief Ed Flynn told WISN that the subsequent investigation was meant to “ascertain how a parking ticket turned into a tasing, and so that’s what we’re going to do.”

At another point in the Brown video, the initial officer says of Brown to another policeman, “If the guy hadn’t been such a d— it would have just been, ‘Hey, have a nice day,’ you know. But then I thought, ‘Okay, he’s being an a–, he’s trying to hide something.’”

Toward the end of the footage, the handcuffed player, now standing again, is told by the officer, “Sorry, I don’t follow the Bucks. I didn’t recognize you. I didn’t recognize your famous name.”

After some back and forth, Brown says, “You could have talked. You didn’t have to touch. You initiated.” The officer responds, “You were right in my grill.”

“Look me up,” Brown says a few moments later, “Look me up.”
So the cop admits he abused his power and made the kid's life more difficult just because he didn't like how he acted. Yup, sounds like cops.

Also, them acting like he should have told them he was a Milwaukee Buck hinting they would have treated him better – that's more damning.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 26, 2018, 01:08 PM

subego
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2018, 03:44 PM

There’s an “SJWs ruined Star Wars” joke in here somewhere.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 8, 2018, 05:34 PM

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...him/765398002/
The video is laden with curse words, mostly from children yelling at police officers. It shows an unidentified officer with his hand on the head of a boy who is sitting on the sidewalk by the Seville Recreation Center in a neighborhood north of Ascarate Park.

At least six young boys can be seen in the video yelling at the officer. The officer then pulls out his handgun, points it at the boys and yells “Back up! Back up (expletive).”

The boys curse back at the officer. The officer puts his weapon back into its holster after a few seconds.
The boy recording the video says, “It is all good. We are going to put a report on these two fools. It’s all good.”

He is then grabbed by the police officer but hands his phone to someone else and is handcuffed and placed in the back of a squad car with the boy who had already been handcuffed.

A woman can be heard yelling curse words at the officers. An officer then approaches the woman, who runs away from the officer. He tells her "I know where you live." The woman tells the officer she doesn't care using an expletive and says, "I'll move."
---

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/u...ore-ipad-share
A Pennsylvania police officer who was recorded using a Taser on an unarmed black man in a widely shared video will not be fired or suspended, officials said.

“So who is accountable?” she asked. “I am. I am accountable, as mayor, for existing policies, procedures, training, hiring practices and more. It’s on me.”
The footage showed the officer, Philip Bernot, repeatedly asking Sean D. Williams to straighten his legs as Mr. Williams was sitting on a curb.

“Legs straight out or you’re getting Tased,” Officer Bernot said.

Mr. Williams started to straighten his legs. Another person can be heard yelling, “Put your legs straight out and cross them now.”

Mr. Williams started to bend his knees, bringing the soles of his feet together, and Officer Bernot, who was standing behind Mr. Williams, used the stun gun on him.

Forum Links
Forum Rules