Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Installing 8.x on a G4/450 DP, possible?

Installing 8.x on a G4/450 DP, possible?
fourstarcltv
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2002, 05:58 PM

For some reason my Digidesign Audiomedia card is no longer recognised in 9.x (or X for that matter), i've tried reinstalling the drivers etc. all to no avail.

Searching through the Digidesign forums it seems as though a number of other people shared this problem, however all the tech. people offered was 'to install 8.x, as there are compatibility problems with 9.x and the Audiomedia card'.... which is strange because i'd been using it in 9.1 for over a year now.

Everything i've tried has lead me down the same road, no Audiomedia card is recognised. Therefore, i found my old OS 8 box and tried booting off the CD, no luck.

Just wondering if anyone knew of a hack, or work-around, which allows 8.x to be installed on my machine?

Any help most appreciated.

Cheers,

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2002, 03:36 PM

You cannot boot using an OS older than what your machine originally came with.

Have you tried blowing away all preferences related to the card and software, zapping pram, etc.?

If it worked once, you should be able to get it to work again.

How about a fresh partition of OS9 with an install of your software? Maybe it will work the first time for another few months?

Good luck.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Forum Links
Forum Rules