Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Anyone have experience with Canon CP-200/300?

Anyone have experience with Canon CP-200/300?
jfinete
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2003, 04:46 PM

Does anyone have experience with Canon's CP-200 or CP-300 photo printers. Canon says these can be connected to a Mac, and they have OS X drivers, but they're not listed on Apple's iPhoto compatibility webpage.

OreoCookie
Nov 24, 2003, 04:18 AM

I'd be interested in the same thing. Anyone, please?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2003, 06:07 PM

Aside from being limited to a 4x6 print size (though in several configurations), they blow away inkjets in quality and color fidelity. The only difference between the 200 and 300 is that the 300 can be outfitted with a rechargeable NiMH battery compartment that purportedly is good for up to 90 prints. I will save $100 by getting the 200 (and currently, a free bag with either model) next weekend.

A Canon rep came to my school last week, and she allowed me to print a photo of my own. (Remember to crop 4x6!) The resulting print convinced me. On my 3 megapixel Canon G1, the print was good (using my PB). On my friend's Canon G3, it was even better.

PS. And yes, the drivers appear to work fine under 10.3.1.
I, ASIMO.

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2003, 08:01 AM

They must have made some enhancements because I had the CP-100 and I could NOT get it to work under Mac OX 10.2 OR 10.3..

In fact, be sure that the 200/300 comes with a connection kit. The CP-100 ONLY allows direct connect to a Canon cameera. I had to pay another $80 to get the computer cable..

We hooked it up to a Windows box and yes, the pictures are great...

good luck
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Eug
Clinically Insane
Dec 4, 2003, 11:24 AM

they blow away inkjets in quality and color fidelity
Really? I have a CP-100 and I'd say our Epson photo inkjet printer has superior pictures (gradients etc).

That said, it's hard to compare since the CP-100 pictures are so tiny.

Anyways, a nice photo printer prints nicer pictures than our local (non-pro) photo store so I'm very happy with the inkjet-based printers.

Archmikus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2003, 04:57 AM

I have a CP-200 and I use it with my PowerBook all the time. Its tiny, meaning I can easily bring it with me on vacations along with my AlBook and digicam... literally a portable photo studio! The OS X drivers are quite flawless, as far as I'm concerned. And yes, it works fine under Panther too. The CP-200 is a one-trick pony: it prints 4x6 photos and that's it, but it does this one thing extremely well!
15" Al PB, iPod photo, 500GB FW Drive

laseca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2003, 09:44 PM

It also prints credit card size and tiny one square inch size too!

kiddydoc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2003, 03:46 AM

Do the new models (CP-200/300) work with iPhoto? I have heard that the older models didn't print correctly from within iPhoto.

Forum Links
Forum Rules