Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Opinions on Laptop Battery Express?

Opinions on Laptop Battery Express?
serr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2017, 05:32 PM

I see Laptop Battery Express after market replacement batteries for Macbook Pro on Newegg sporting a 2 year warranty.

Any opinions on these?

Looking for a trustworthy replacement for Anker as they're going out of stock on everything and look to be going out of business. (I thought they were trustworthy anyway. But they've stopped so...)

serr  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2017, 06:10 PM

Crickets...
Not exactly a glowing review there.

reader50
Administrator
Apr 6, 2017, 06:23 PM

Anker doesn't offer a battery for my notebook model, and I haven't tried another brand yet. Was hoping they'd get around to offering a battery before I'm forced to experiment. I hadn't heard Anker was vanishing.

reader50
Administrator
May 2, 2017, 11:45 AM

Considering the Mac Pro uses a button battery, I'd say 'no'.

You wouldn't be a spammer by any chance, posting nonsense suggestions? Followed a few days later by another linking to a cheesy product?

P
May 3, 2017, 03:13 AM

A Mac Pro is a desktop machine, and the only battery it has is a tiny clock battery, so your question does not make sense.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules