Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Alternative OS Reference > The Official Boot Camp ExperiencesThread

The Official Boot Camp ExperiencesThread (Page 4)
Theiinlive
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2007, 02:16 AM

I followed the instructions trying to install XP Pro SP2. But when windows launches in the setup, and it asks me to press enter to continue teh installation, my keyboard won't work at all (eject button, F3, R). Also, I only allotted 10GB because I was just planning on watching some videos on my XP half, nothing big. Could that be the problem?

thanks

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 17, 2007, 09:27 AM

I don't think the partition size would affect this at all (pretty certain of it in fact). But what kind of Mac are you installing Windows on? There have been very few reports of laptop keyboards not working, but some users have reported that SOME USB keyboards don't do well during the Windows installation. Search a bit here to see what the solutions were-mostly it was trying other keyboards.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

mojo5436
Jan 17, 2007, 12:01 PM

I had the issue of the keyboard not working either. Mine wouldn't work right off the bat when bootcamp restarted my computer and booted the install disc. This was the initial blue screen prior to getting anywhere in the installer. I found that the install disc I was using wasn't SP2 (or was damaged somehow). I ended up slipstreaming SP2 using nlite and it worked fine. Note: I was installing on my MBP using the built in keyboard.
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz C2D 2 GB SDRAM 7200 100GB Glossy
Power Mac G4/400Mhz/AGP Graphics

Theiinlive
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by mojo5436 View Post
I had the issue of the keyboard not working either. Mine wouldn't work right off the bat when bootcamp restarted my computer and booted the install disc. This was the initial blue screen prior to getting anywhere in the installer. I found that the install disc I was using wasn't SP2 (or was damaged somehow). I ended up slipstreaming SP2 using nlite and it worked fine. Note: I was installing on my MBP using the built in keyboard.
that's my situation too. Idk about this slipstreaming stuff, installing windows isn't really worth messing up my entire hard drive for. So I'm a little nervous before I try it -- is it hard? Can I do it right here on my Mac?

mojo5436
Jan 17, 2007, 05:31 PM

The method I used (which is pinned at the top of this forum) required a PC. It was very easy. Also, it may be worth your time to checkout this thread which will help you determine if your copy of XP is in fact Service Pack 2.

Hope this helps, feel free to keep asking questions.
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz C2D 2 GB SDRAM 7200 100GB Glossy
Power Mac G4/400Mhz/AGP Graphics

solofx7
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2007, 09:51 AM

is anyone running Vista and gaming?
what games?
i asked because i tried and did not have good luck.
alot of stuff would not even install or ran horribly.
that 15% difference is not such... it is alot more than that.

solofx7
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2007, 01:35 PM

rtbarry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2007, 08:06 PM

took some messing around, but finally got wireless working.

running Vista Home Premium on MBP (core2duo / 2.33). slick as (windows) can be.

kinda tricky, since the "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" install fails and rolls back on Vista, you have to unpack the drivers from the CD to your harddrive and then manually browse to the folder that contains the atheros drivers and manually update the drivers thru the device manager.

then, voila!

solofx7
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2007, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by rtbarry View Post
took some messing around, but finally got wireless working.

running Vista Home Premium on MBP (core2duo / 2.33). slick as (windows) can be.

kinda tricky, since the "Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP" install fails and rolls back on Vista, you have to unpack the drivers from the CD to your harddrive and then manually browse to the folder that contains the atheros drivers and manually update the drivers thru the device manager.

then, voila!
what about the trackpad... i am having bad luck getting the scroll to work...

Bollo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2007, 06:30 AM

Just thinking about using bot camp, is there any advantage in using xp professional instead of home, i've heard it handles dual processors better?

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 12, 2007, 09:14 AM

The biggest advantage to Pro versus Home is that Pro has more management tools, and is particularly better at networking issues that go beyond the basics. I don't think there's anything different between the two in terms of handling dual processors; I've never seen anything about that myself.

Bollo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2007, 06:12 AM

Just successfully installed xp, but dont seem to be able to get the choice of which system to boot when i turn on, i always have to restart using the startup disc app o et the other os.
which button do you press to get the choice when you turn on in the first place?
also when on xp the wireless knows theres a network available but cant connect-any ideas?

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 14, 2007, 08:31 AM

You hold the Option key when you hear the startup chime to get the boot option screen.

Sometimes the Windows drivers don't install themselves properly (this is true with any Windows computer, by the way), so you may have to install the driver yourself. Before you try manually installing the driver, just try installing the whole driver disc again-it can't really hurt anything. If that works, you're in business, otherwise you need to do it manually.

To manually install the AirPort driver, go into Device Manager and find the "unknown" device entry for the AirPort card, then choose "Update driver". You'll have to navigate through the Boot Camp driver disc to find the AirPort driver, but once you do, Windows should install it without any problem.

Bollo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2007, 09:31 AM

The atheros adapter isnt listed as unknown it just doesnt connect. the properties pop up tell you theres nothing wrong with it except that the driver isnt digitally signed

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 14, 2007, 11:40 AM

Ah! A different problem. What kind of security are you using on your wireless network? This could turn out to be simply a difference in how the security password is entered...

Bollo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2007, 02:22 PM

At the moment there is no security but thats going to be put on later, its just sits there saying connecting then doesnt

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2007, 09:38 PM

Long time mac user, not so technical...

Bought a MacPro today, an extra gig of ram, and two additional hard drives - 500gigs SATA/300 (from CompUSA for $179 each - not bad). Installed the ram and hard drives before I even turned it on. Connected to a 2001-era Dell 20" 2000FP DVI monitor and a USB KVM switch. Turned it on, went through my welcome to mac stuff. Interesting setup - it asked for my Apple ID, which I provided, and then it entered my name and all that stuff. Neat. It figured out the network stuff no problems.

Couldn't figure out how to get the CD tray to open since I was using a Windows keyboard on my KVM - finally broke down and connected the Mac USB keyboard and added a ton of software - Production Suite (Final Cut, DVD Pro, etc.), plus CS2, plus Mac Office and a few other odds and ends. Then I checked to ensure all firmware was updated - surprisingly, everything was. Installed bootcamp 1.1.2 (did I get that version right? either way, it was what I downloaded from Apple.com today). Stuck in a Win XP SP2 CD and got that installed pretty fast. I didn't bother to install any software under XP SP2, but did install the Mac drivers that were created as part of the bootcamp process. Next I took a retail Vista Ultimate CD and stuck that in the superdrive. It did the autorun thing and asked if I wanted to upgrade to Vista? I said "yep". It did its thing and a few reboots later, I've got Vista Ultimate running just fine on the MacPro. There were a few driver issues, but nothing major. I took a screen shot of the driver issues, but it is on the other machine - i'll edit the post later to include the drivers that didn't load.

oh yeah, additional data point - i'm sure somebody else has already made this point... the MacPro was $2499 at CompUSA. A comparable Dell system was about $3366. Pretty interesting. First time I *ever* remember a Mac being less expensive than a Windows machine.

( Last edited by danbrew; Feb 18, 2007 at 01:16 AM. )

DBvader
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2007, 11:58 PM

How exactly do you unpack the drivers? All I have on my macintosh drivers disc is an exe file. I would like to get the updated drivers for the trackpad, iSight, and videocard working (The 950 shows up as a 945...). Any ideas?

Other than that Vista is a decent operating system. I use it for Matlab to run some of my simulations. My macbook only has a gig of ram, though, and windows saturates 600+ MB doing nothing. So, it's not quite the best for scientific computing, I am afraid,
"Take a little dope...and walk out in the air"

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 20, 2007, 08:08 AM

I'd like to see how the unpacking is done as well; I'd like to tack that process to the top of the forum for all to use.

inkhead
Senior User
Mar 30, 2007, 09:06 PM

No matter what I do, re-install drivers, unpack them or anything, under Vista on any wireless network, regardless of the type of encryption or EVEN NONE. It connects the router when given the proper password, however it will never get an IP, or work even when forced manually. It can ping the router sometimes but nothing else. Vista says connected to device, but "local only, no outside internet".

However my dell with the same version of Vista can connect to all he same networks just fine.

What gives? I see lots of people having internet trouble. Vista really is worthless without internet. Anyone step-by-step instructions? I'm really frustrated here because I'm pretty much a windows guy, and everything is set up right.

bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2007, 12:59 AM

I've had boot camp 1.2beta on my mac pro for a few days and I'm having some problems.

If I tell OS X to reboot to my xp partition which is on a separate physical drive my system will reboot to xp, xp will load but it will reboot the machine after oh 40seconds of loading my desktop. The only way to fix this is if I hard power down my mac pro, power it back up and it will remember to boot to xp properely.

My startup disk application is busted in xp if I tell xp to restart to OS X it just keeps rebooting the machine to XP and I have to use the "Alt" key to manually choose OS X.

Anyone experience this issue?
2.66Ghz Mac Pro 2GM Ram 160Gig HD Ati X1900XT, 24" Dell 2407WFP
13.3" Mac Book Core Duo 2GIG Ram 80Gig HD
12" PowerBook 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 60Gig HD
12" iBook 600Mhz (Late 2001) 640MB Ram 30Gig HD

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 01:08 AM

Reinstall Boot Camp Drivers?
Linkinus is king.

cwosigns
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2007, 08:48 PM

I just picked up Windows Vista Home Premium edition and a Black MacBook Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM and 120 GB hard drive. This is an upgrade from my 2.0 GHz Core Duo MacBook with a 60 GB hard drive. My installation went swimmingly. Vista is very quick on here. I didn't really *need* Windows on here, but it helps me in two areas:

1. A company I work for has a couple of web-based applications that ONLY work on Internet Explorer.

2. I use a BlackBerry and have yet to find a suitable Mac-compatible program that allows for back up, installation, and sync.

Loving the BlackBook. Liking Vista so far...eye candy is nice.
Chris
2011 MacBook Air, iPhone 4s, iPad 2

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 19, 2007, 01:22 PM

I installed Boot Camp 1.2b and XP sp2 on my 20" iMac (C2D 2.0 GHz), and I have a wireless Apple bluetooth keyboard.

Strangely the keyboard worked throughout the installation procedure, I thought this would perhaps be a problem. So I assumed that when the installation was complete that the keyboard would work in XP.

It did not.

I noticed it wasn't paired, so I pair it apparently successfully and it is recognized as a generic keyboard by windoze. Still it doesn't work.

Is it possible to get the BT keyboard to work and why did it work during the installation, but not after installation?

cheers

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 19, 2007, 02:37 PM

I think the installation system has its own drivers-which often seem to be more capable (or at least more functional) than the formal drivers in XP/Vista and/or those provided by the hardware vendors.

I'd install the OS with a USB connected keyboard, and then load the XP drivers for your particular BT keyboard and see if it works.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 19, 2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I think the installation system has its own drivers-which often seem to be more capable (or at least more functional) than the formal drivers in XP/Vista and/or those provided by the hardware vendors.

I'd install the OS with a USB connected keyboard, and then load the XP drivers for your particular BT keyboard and see if it works.
Do there exist XP drivers for the Apple wireless keyboard?

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2007, 10:11 PM

I have a MBP C2D and I installed XP. I have an Airport Express and can't get the MBP running XP to work wirelessly. Can someone direct me to a reference site or post? I know very little about Windows and have been clicking all over--network, Internet options, etc.

Thanks!
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

ghporter
Administrator
May 1, 2007, 06:29 PM

Per this thread, it looks like it's possible to confuse the Boot Camp boot selection system if your Apple USB keyboard has certain devices plugged into it. I think it may be a good idea to not have ANYTHING plugged into it when you want to select a different OS to boot into.

JoshKurtz
Forum Regular
May 12, 2007, 10:56 PM

For what it's worth, Boot Camp worked without a hitch for me. The drivers cd installed everything perfectly. I wish installing most Windows drivers was that simple.
iMac 17" 2GHz Core2Duo | 1GB RAM | 160GB hdd | Superdrive | Tiger and XP Pro

ghporter
Administrator
May 13, 2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JoshKurtz View Post
For what it's worth, Boot Camp worked without a hitch for me. The drivers cd installed everything perfectly. I wish installing most Windows drivers was that simple.
I agree wholeheartedly with you on this! I've built a number of Windows machines, and have always had to tinker around with the drivers (download the "latest" from the manufacturer, uninstall what Windows chose, find out that the "latest" wasn't for this particular hardware version, start over, etc.). But installing Boot Camp and then XP was smooth! I did have to repair my boot disk using my installation DVD and Disk Utility, but that was easy too. Compared to all the stuff I've had to do to set up for a Windows installation, it wasn't any more challenging than making sure I had the CD key handy before starting.

AppleTalk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2007, 01:56 AM

Have any of you experienced, after you've been in XP on your Macs for a while, that when you boot back into OS X you may not be able to empty the trash or if your download something from the net to your desktop it doesn't appear until you restart again?

I have my Mac's default startup disk set to OS X but everytime I reboot to OS X after being in my XP Pro environment for a while this happens. I have all the latest drivers and so on.

Cold Warrior
May 14, 2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AppleTalk View Post
Have any of you experienced, after you've been in XP on your Macs for a while, that when you boot back into OS X you may not be able to empty the trash or if your download something from the net to your desktop it doesn't appear until you restart again?
Not me.
Try booting from the OS X disc and running disk utility to find/fix problems and repair permissions.

Cold Warrior
Jun 7, 2007, 02:49 PM

Boot Camp 1.3b is out.

Cold Warrior
Jun 7, 2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Boot Camp 1.3b is out.
Just installed. So far, so good.

vickster
Forum Regular
Jun 26, 2007, 01:38 PM

Got my almost new 2.33ghz MacBook Pro yesterday, installed Vista Ultimate on a 25gb partition this morning. Installed without a hitch [almost as easy as installing a MacOS]. Strangely, I didn't even need to install the Mac drivers provided by Bootcamp; however, everything seems to be running fine [using Boot Camp 1.3]. Of course, I'm back in OS X now. What a nice machine.

Sethro
Forum Regular
Jul 30, 2007, 11:26 PM

Is it just me or does running Windows XP / Vista make the fan rev more than running Mac OSX.
I mean its almost like its running hotter?

busgirl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fhoubi View Post
It flies. IV opens within 3.5 seconds, even when starting for the first time. No graphic glitches at all, at full hardware support, even when IV does not support or recommend Radeon graphics officially. I got trained on hardware 10 times slow as this! If I remembered correctly the gocart assembly opens in less than 10 seconds on the iMac... Unless you are building assemblies with more than 1000+ parts, I THINK the MacBook would be just fine...
hi i have been runnung inventor 10 on my macbook pro and yeh it is fast but my licence keeps breaking i've had over 30 actvaion codes in the last 6 mounts sometimes it will last as long as a month and as little as a day i need to know im not the only one in the world with this problem.. it coused me to fail my cad course as i was spending so much time trying to fix this than sudying it.... buying a mac seems to be the worst mistake ive ever made its lost me $8000

busgirl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2007, 05:52 PM

hi i have been runnung inventor 10 on my macbook pro and yeh it is fast but my licence keeps breaking i've had over 30 actvaion codes in the last 6 mounts sometimes it will last as long as a month and as little as a day i need to know im not the only one in the world with this problem.. it coused me to fail my cad course as i was spending so much time trying to fix this than sudying it.... buying a mac seems to be the worst mistake ive ever made its lost me $8000

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 18, 2007, 07:19 PM

Autodesk has a known issue with product activation on computers that use Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives-it's just like what you describe. Yes, the MBP does have a SATA drive. Autodesk's fix is here.

Buying a Mac was NOT a mistake. But it does help to know what's inside the machine, and with Macs, it's MUCH more likely that a software-related problem (especially a Windows software problem) is because of the software, not the hardware.

I hope this has helped.

ramcosca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2007, 01:04 AM

Hello campers!

I have a question about Vista through Boot Camp (1.4 I believe is the newest version).

My mom and sister both have HP laptops with Vista Home Premium on them. Both have the same problem: they either don't shut off when they are told to shut down or don't come back from sleep when they are sent to do such. I read that this is a common issue with Windows Vista.

Now the question. Does this happen even on Macs running Boot Camp? I have been thinking about installing Windows to run some programs I need in college that in the Mac side of things have no real comparison (National Instruments' MultiSim, for example). I've tried both Fusion and Parallels and have liked the experience, but also read that Boot Camp lets the computer perform Windows much better than by virtualizing it... which is obvious. Also, I read that Windows runs better on a Mac than on a PC IBM-compatible PC itself. Is this true?

One more thing. In a virtual partition, if I get a virus or whatever harmful, malicious thing that happened to the Windows installation, I wouldn't damage the computer's drive. Is there a chance of this happening through Boot Camp?

Thanks!

Wow, I said IBM-compatible.

Cold Warrior
Aug 25, 2007, 01:20 PM

Why not just run Windows XP instead of Vista? Vista seems to have a lot of headaches. Windows XP will run faster on your Mac than Vista, too. I don't know if Windows runs better on a Mac than a PC. It may seem that way on a comparable machine, because Windows on a Mac would have been installed without a PC vendor's standard crap-ware.

Windows on Boot Camp is just as susceptible to viruses and malware as Windows on a PC. However, your Mac OS partition shouldn't be affected, unless there's a virus or worm that can read/write HFS+ or reformat an entire internal drive.

christ
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 04:52 PM

I'm running Vista on an imac core2duo 2.33.

Vista works OK, but I have two issues that I have been unable to find anything on, anywhere:

1) iSight - it is installed, and the PC says that it is working OK, but none of the Windows applications that can import from an imaging device see it. Is this the expected behaviour, and if so what can I do to test that it, in fact, working?

2) Bluetooth - I use a wireless keyboard and mighty mouse, but they almost invariably don't survive reboot/ sleep/ hibernate - the keyboard (usually) makes the trip, but the mouse almost always doesn't. Vista says that the mm is connected, but it doesn't work. The only solution that I have found is to delete and re-add the mouse (tedious by keyboard only)

Has anyone any idea what I am doing wrong, and/or how to fix these issues?
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

AnandATinduktion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2007, 06:11 PM

I got BootCamp + Vista Home Premium up and running the other day with ALMOST no issues.... When BootCamp first tried to partition the drive it said there was an error on the HDD and it had to be repaired... I thought this was a bit odd on a 4 week old MacBook, but a quick fix through DiskUtility later I was good to go.... In under 40 minutes Vista was up and running w/ BootCamp drivers/etc... The updates however, took over an hour after this point to install... Other than Windows common issues (random Explorer crashes, WindowsUpdate saying that it had no Gadgets that I could download on page "3 of 65", etc) it seems to run great... Vista does seem to be a resources hog, but I've always heard about that... At idle (w/ Aero and all other misc. running) Vista usually is pulling around 42% of RAM and ~5% CPU usage, also it seems to cause the fans to come on A LOT (I assume this is just from working the processor hard and heating it up).... The only reason I needed Vista was for a class I'm taking this fall (Utilizes Vista and Office '07), and thats all it gets used for... For every other boot I'm back into OSX :-)

BTW, the system is a MacBook C2D 2.16GHz, 2GB, 120GB

EDIT: I also have the same issues as the poster above w/ Vista "forgetting" my Wireless MightyMouse on every restart... And it must be reinstalled every time!

addaddadd3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2007, 12:54 PM

Word of Advice for Campers Installing Windows OS with an Upgrade:
You MUST have an external CD drive to eject the disk because the eject button doesn't work in the Windows setup. This caused me quite a headache will trying to use an upgrade version to get a Windows with SP2.

That will be all.

bigeyedphish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 01:17 PM

I've got a 13" black Macbook. 2gHz core due, 1GB ram, 80 GB hdd. XP SP2 is running on a FAT32 partition - working fine for the most part. The only issue i have is with the screen. In OSX its perfect, but when running XP, the screen sometimes seems faded and washed out. Also, on rare occasions the screen distorts the colors - everything with become tan or something weird like some obsure photoshop filter, or the screen will flicker bright/dim.

What could be causing the washed out screen? is there a fix for this?

Is the color distortion (a seperate issue) possibly related to the MacBook becoming overheated?

I appreciate any suggestions you guys could throw my way. Thanks a lot!

vtboyarc
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2007, 10:31 PM

no!!! open windows media player, then press at the same time ctrl & J and it ejects the disc.
I have a problem, I only alloted 8GB of space for windows, and now that I installed windows, I only have about 120MB of free disc space for windows!!! I can't install any games or anything! any way I can changes the alloted space, without tottal un-installing windows and bootcamp? and how can I un-insatll windows?

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 1, 2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by addaddadd3 View Post
Word of Advice for Campers Installing Windows OS with an Upgrade:
You MUST have an external CD drive to eject the disk because the eject button doesn't work in the Windows setup. This caused me quite a headache will trying to use an upgrade version to get a Windows with SP2.

That will be all.
Actually this is one of the reasons Apple insists that you use a version of XP that already has SP2 incorporated into it. The driver model for SP2 is completely different from previous version of XP, and so are the drivers built into the installer. This means that a lot of stuff will at least give you problems and many times will just plain not work. Running the upgrade after installing XP is a hassle on a PC; on a Mac it's just asking for problems. And it's so simple to manage combining SP2 with your pre-SP2 install disc that the only thing to ponder is how to find a PC to do the combining with.

white_rasta
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2007, 04:03 PM

Any ideas on how I can get a secure airport connection between my Mac Mini G4 and Windows XP SP2 running on my Mac Book Pro 15"?

I've just had to re-install bootcamp onto my 15" MacBookPro after hard disk failure. now I can't seem to get windows XP SP2 to share the WEP secured airport connection from my MacMini G4. Even worse, I did get it to share the frwire connection OK but after installing all the XP and Offic eupdates even that has now stopped. The only way I can get an airport connection now is by having no security on the airport connection, which I'm not happy about even though I have got the firewall on (on the Mac and the virtual XP machine).http://forums.macnn.com/images/smilies/bang.gif

white_rasta
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2007, 04:09 PM

Sorry, no.

You have to use bootcamp to remove the windows partition and then run the whole thing again. I suggest you allow at least 15Gb. Windows XP seems to eat up disk space with every security update so you should allow more space than you think you need.

Cold Warrior
Oct 4, 2007, 04:57 PM

WEP is insecure anyway, so you should look to WPA. Just FYI.

Forum Links
Forum Rules