Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > New version of mes

New version of mes
hoopz
Forum Regular
Jul 26, 2005, 07:13 PM

Butt O'Sigh has released a new version of mes (aka DXB), a port of the old Drawing Board theme.

The big news is that there is now an albino variation which is much more light and greyish than the goldish original.

Now that he is slowly adding refinements to the original Drawing Board concept, I would love to see the old-style Apple menu replaced with a modern-shaped solid color apple, preferably red. And maybe a suite of different colored options--Mes Gold with a gold apple and highlights, Mes Green, etc. Add to that perhaps the ability to switch between regular and albino via the Aqua/Graphite switch (if this is even possible with ShapeShifter), and this would completely rule. (Actually, it already rules, but you know what I mean . . .)

Anyway, screenshot and download here.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2005, 08:20 PM

This is a sweet theme, however, it would be nice if there were icons, cursor, desktops for it too... I have found that my massive collection of the above seem not to match very well...

R

MetalSnake
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2005, 11:29 PM

There are icons for this theme: http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/artists.php?id=120 (the first 2 sets called "Sketch" and "Sketch Additions".

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2005, 11:32 PM

<begin snewty accent>Indeed... I located them, however the "sets" seem to be fairly deficient for a complete make over... I chose to use the "iDraw" set. Though, these also these seem to lack the same visual quality. I guess I could go without.</snewty accent>

R

padma colors
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2005, 12:07 AM

download mes option, G0Ducks. Those all is included.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2005, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by padma colors
download mes option, G0Ducks. Those all is included.

Thank you for this theme... Got all the icons for it now, thanks to all pointers

Now if only someone would make a theme based on Kaneda's bike No... Im totally freeking serious. I have a desktop for it that I made that would soooo rock.

R

Forum Links
Forum Rules