Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > DW5 Splash Screen - No Show

DW5 Splash Screen - No Show
coopns
Forum Regular
Dec 7, 2010, 02:00 PM

Adobe DW5. The splash screen shows up but is blank - white. I reinstalled the Adobe Suite and still nothing. After opening, Splash screen shows but it is white. I did some research and some people noted flash wasn't installed because that is probably what plays it but I have flash installed, shockwave.

Any thoughts? [IMG] [/IMG] is a pic...
Coop

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Dec 7, 2010, 02:03 PM

Is your account a network account or FileVault account? It doesn't work with those account types.
Vandelay Industries

coopns  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 7, 2010, 02:25 PM

I am in a computer lab...25 others work, mine doesn't. I am the teacher, I log on to our school network.

I don't understand "network account or FileVault account?"
Coop

P
Dec 7, 2010, 03:14 PM

Shockwave is not the same as Flash, that is a confusion spread by Macromedia's branding a few years ago. Either you have the Shockwave plugin or you have Shockwave Flash, which is an ancient version of Flash. Try installing the latest Flash and see if that works.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Dec 7, 2010, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by coopns View Post
I am in a computer lab...25 others work, mine doesn't. I am the teacher, I log on to our school network.

I don't understand "network account or FileVault account?"
A network account is an account where your files are stored on a network server, not on the local Mac. When you log in to various Macs, do you see your files and settings? If yes, you have a network account. I'd expect you to have a network account. Your students appear not to have network accounts. They appear to be using a generic account shared by whomever sits at the Mac.

A FileVault account is an account that is using Apple's FileVault. FileVault encrypts all your data into an encrypted disk image.

Both account types confuse Dreamweaver since the account isn't in the standard location. It shouldn't matter where an account is located but Adobe has some shoddy programmers.
Vandelay Industries

coopns  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 9, 2010, 10:27 AM

Yes, I have a network a/c, regardless of the computer I get my settings. The students use the generic Student to log in.

So I am out of luck?

Thanks.
Coop

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2010, 11:18 AM

Yup. Unless Adobe fixes it. Not likely since it was also broken in CS4.
Vandelay Industries

Forum Links
Forum Rules