Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can you burn DMGs in OS 9 / Windows?

Can you burn DMGs in OS 9 / Windows?
macintologist
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2003, 08:00 PM

My friend with OS 9 has a cd burner that I want to use but I don't think you can burn DMG images in OS 9. He also has a Windows XP PC with a cd burner. Is there any software solution at all for either OS? What about Toast Titanium 6 and its support for DMG burning. What about converting DMGs to IMGs?

CeRtiFiedSkitZo
Dec 13, 2003, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by macintologist:
My friend with OS 9 has a cd burner that I want to use but I don't think you can burn DMG images in OS 9. He also has a Windows XP PC with a cd burner. Is there any software solution at all for either OS? What about Toast Titanium 6 and its support for DMG burning. What about converting DMGs to IMGs?
Have you tried this program? http://www.alcohol-software.com/

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2003, 08:50 AM

I have burnt DMG files on a PC using Nero. Choose urn image, check the HFS+ box and select the image, then burn it. Worked fine for a number of CD's before I got a Mac with a burner.

Forum Links
Forum Rules