Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari 6 - Questions and issues

Safari 6 - Questions and issues
Eug
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2012, 05:25 AM

I noticed direct Motion JPEG streams do not work in Safari 6.0.

I tried this with two different cameras:
- Lorex LNE1001
- Trendnet TV-IP312W

The first image loads and then it gets stuck.

Do any of you have the same problem? This is in 10.7.4. They both worth fine in Firefox 13.0.1 and 14.0.1. It also works fine in Safari 5.1.7 on my other machine. For this reason I have not updated Safari on that other machine, which is also 10.7.4. Does this problem also exist in Mountain Lion?

Are there other big problems with Safari 6?

I note that in Mountain Lion Safari 6 is crashing, but that's due to a 3rd party app.

Carl Hutchins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2012, 09:05 AM

Im sure your realized by now that your not the only one with this issue. From what I can tell it is only Safari. I can still use Firefox in 10.8 without any issues with MJPEGs.

Very annoying bug I cant believe Apple let get by this long. Atleast I hope it is a bug and they dont plan on stopping support for MJPEGs.

I did hear 2nd or 3rd hand from a developer and has access to the beta of 10.8.2 that it is fixed. We can only hope

Forum Links
Forum Rules