Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Disk Image Question

Disk Image Question
webraider
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2009, 08:16 AM

I have a question.. If I have a folder that I got from a DVD (commercially produced but owned by me) and I want to make a copy for my records, and I extract the content via MTR or another source, it leaves me with a folder with the title of the DVD on it, AND a folder with the "Video_TS" folder in it. Can I then create a Disk Image and burn it to DVD and play in any player, or Do I have to use Toast to do it? Can I select DVD master from Disk Utility (not exactly sure what that is)? Is there a way to do it without Toast or the freeware program called DVD Imager? Thanks for any feedback you can give.

rehoot
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2009, 01:11 AM

If it is not copy protected, try Disk Utility to make a copy then burn the image to disk. Note that it is possible that the commercial DVD has more data on it than your blank DVD, so check the file sizes and see if you need to buy a blank DVD with more space (assuming your computer can handle it).
Mac Pro Quad: 2.66GHz; 4 GB Ram; 4x500GB drives; Radeon X1900, 23" Cinema Screen, APC UPS
PowerBook G4: 1.33GHz; 768MB Ram; 60GB drive

Forum Links
Forum Rules