Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Briefly: Real Racing 3 update adds new cars, Limbo for iOS

Briefly: Real Racing 3 update adds new cars, Limbo for iOS
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jul 3, 2013, 10:51 AM

An updated version of EA's Real Racing 3 game for iOS featuring more than 55 new vehicles has been released. On top of new cars from Bentley and Mercedes-Benz, the v1.2 update also offers a new progression system that will allow users to gradually unlock cars and events as they move through a career. Other changes include improved graphics, a new Time Trial event type, and more than 180 new events to compete in. Real Racing 3 is a free download in the App Store.

Limbo launches for iOS devices in the App Store

As promised last week, Playdead has launched an iOS port of Limbo in the App Store. Priced at $5, the iOS port offers the complete game experience of the black and white puzzle-platformer. Aside from the new touch-optimized controls, no changes have been made to the game's mechanics or levels. It should be noted that the game will not run on any iOS devices older than the iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and fifth-gen iPod touch.

Sabon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2013, 12:57 PM

I challenge you to play it without spending a cent. You will take a LONNNNNNG time to get anywhere. It is setup so that you have to spend a lot of money in the game. It shouldn't be legal to call the game, "free". It should be called, "HUGE balloon payment" category.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2013, 01:43 PM

Honestly, I've always felt a little dishonest playing Real Racing 1 & 2, because it was far too little money for the outstanding experience. But it turned out that I only play it very occasionally anyway, so the price was okay for that.

If somebody is going to play the game to really rise through the ranks, he's gonna get a LOT more than six dollars' worth out of it.

And it's completely free for the occasional casual racer like myself.

Seems like a perfectly sensible arrangement.

Forum Links
Forum Rules