Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Helper in Startup Items

iTunes Helper in Startup Items
Preciousss
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 02:45 PM

I just noticed this in my Startup Items list. Any idea what it does and what it's for? I'm guessing this was installed with 4.7.1 since I just upgraded a few days after it was released.

It doesn't look like it takes up many resources in Activity Monitor, but I'd still like to know what it's doing.

Thanks

akuma-x
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by Preciousss:
I just noticed this in my Startup Items list. Any idea what it does and what it's for? I'm guessing this was installed with 4.7.1 since I just upgraded a few days after it was released.

It doesn't look like it takes up many resources in Activity Monitor, but I'd still like to know what it's doing.

Thanks
Yeah I noticed that too after the latest iTunes update.
Any info would be appreciated.

jaimzedup
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 10:08 PM

I don't know what it is or what it does, but I disabled it from the startup and everything still runs fine. Hope that helps a little.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Jan 19, 2005, 10:09 PM

I think it is for your iPod. It recognizes when the iPod is plugged in so that it can launch iTunes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules